Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Sunday March 16, 2014 - 12:52:56 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Outcome of Crimea Vote Due before Trading Starts Monday. China Widens CNY Trading Band
|Outcome of Crimea Vote Due before Trading Starts Monday. China Widens CNY Trading Band|
March 17, 2014 :00::00 gmt
CALENDAR: Europe: EZ- Final HICP US- Empire PMI, TIC Flows, Industrial Production
| EURUSD 1.3905
|| U.S. 2.66% +1bp
|| North America:Lower|
| EURJPY 140.90
|| Bund 1.55% 0bp
|| DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6636
|| GILT 2.68% -1bp
|| FTSE: Lower|
| USDJPY 101.28
|| JGB 0.62% -3bp
|| Far East Close: Lower|
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: EZ- Final HICP, US- Empire PMI, Industrial Production
- China ha widened the trading band on the CNY. A wider band increases the risks for those arbitraging the external yuan (CNY) against its internal (CNH) counterpart,
- The outcome of the Crimea vote will be known before trading starts in earnest. There is no doubt about its outcome. There is not much anyone can do about the Russian annexation of Crimea, so odds are it will fade as a market factor fairly quickly.
- I try to be as objective as possible when looking at economic data. as i look at the broad sweep of global data over the past few weeks, it seems to have becoming increasingly evident that the global economy has gotten onto improving path. This is not to say that a rapid recovery is at hand, but a slow and uneven rebound might be in the works. Key will be if the corrections to distortions due to the unusually severe winter in the U.S. start to show up in the March data.
- This Wednesday will see a Fed Decision. No changes in the present course of policy are widely expected. With long-term U.S. rates falling and the economy doing better, there might be a temptation to accelerate the pace of the Fed asset purchase taper, but caution suggests they will keep to their $10bln per month reduction pace.
- This month's decision will be accompanied by Yellen's first press conference. She typically is very well prepared for these events and tends to be clearer than many of her predecessors in her public statements. We do not expect this meeting to be market-moving.
- Last Thursday ECB President Draghi finally commented on the value of the euro, saying that actions could be taken to combat falling prices in the Eurozone and that the value of the exchange rate is a factor the ECB always considers.
- Draghi comments sounded like a warning that the value of the currency is getting be too high. It is possible that the EURUSD 1.40 area is seen as the point of pain for the ECB. Keep an eye on revised Eurozone February HICP (preliminary 0.80% y/y) data on Monday.
- The data calendar for the week ahead is an active one. Monday sees final February Eurozone HICP (CPI), then on Tuesday the German ZEW data will be released along with U.S. CPI. U.S. Housing data will be coming out all week. The Highlight on Wednesday will be U.K. Employment data and the latest Bank of England policy minutes. Thursday highlights include the latest Swiss National Bank policy decision and U.K. Retail Sales. Then on Friday, Canadian Retail Sales and CPI data are due.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released, see the FOREX FORUM.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 21 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..