Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday March 17, 2014 - 19:04:57 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Crimea Votes to Rejoin Russia. EZ Final February HICP(CPI) Revised Lower
|Crimea Votes to Rejoin Russia. EZ Final February HICP(CPI) Revised Lower|
March 18, 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: DE- ZEW Survey, US- Housing Starts/Permits, CPI, TIC Data, ,API Energy
| EURUSD 1.3920
|| U.S. 2.66% +1bp
|| North America:Higher|
| EURJPY 141.57
|| Bund 1.57% +3bp
|| DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6636
|| GILT 2.69% 0bp
|| FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 101.69
|| JGB 0.62% +2bp
|| Far East Close:Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: DE- ZEW Survey, US- Housing Starts/Permits, CPI
- There was never any doubt about the outcome of the Crimea Referendum on independence from the Ukraine. Over 97% of the votes were in favor of rejoining Crimea with Russia. There was no way to vote otherwise,.so the outcome of the vote was pre-ordained and markets were able to position for that outcome last week. The end of last week saw volatile trade as investors ran for cover, and since there were no major surprises early Monday, trading was relatively calm. If anything Monday has been a "risk-on" day, as traders lifted their hedges against an unexpected outcome from the weekend.
- Revised Eurozone February HICP (preliminary 0.80% y/y) data released saw the key yr/yr reading marked down to 0.70%. Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released, This came after Draghi comments made last week that sounded like a warning that the value of the currency is getting be too high. It is possible that the EURUSD 1.40 area is seen as the point of pain for the ECB. A higher euro would be disinflationary for the Eurozone economy.
- This Wednesday will see a Fed Decision. No changes in the present course of policy are widely expected. With long-term U.S. rates falling and the economy doing better, there might be a temptation to accelerate the pace of the Fed asset purchase taper, but caution suggests they will keep to their $10bln per month reduction pace.
- This month's decision will be accompanied by Yellen's first press conference. She typically is very well prepared for these events and tends to be clearer than many of her predecessors in her public statements. We do not expect this meeting to be market-moving.
- The data calendar for the week ahead is an active one. On Tuesday the German ZEW data will be released along with U.S. CPI. U.S. Housing data will be coming out all week. The Highlight on Wednesday will be U.K. Employment data and the latest Bank of England policy minutes. Thursday highlights include the latest Swiss National Bank policy decision and U.K. Retail Sales. Then on Friday, Canadian Retail Sales and CPI data are due.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released. See the FOREX FORUM. for comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 12 Nov 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
AA CA/US Holiday
Tue 13 Nov 2018
AA 09:30 GB- Employment
A 09:00 DE- ZEW Survey
Wed 14 Nov 2018
AA 09:30 GB- CPI
AA 09:30 EZ- GDP
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 15 Nov 2018
A 01:30 AU- Employment
AA 09:30 GB- Retail Sales
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 16 Nov 2018
AA 10:00 EZ- Final HICP
A 14:15 US- Ind Prod/Cap Util
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.