Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday March 19, 2014 - 09:48:07 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Fed Policy Decision Today. U.K. Jobs Data Steady
|Fed Policy Decision Today. U.K. Jobs Data Steady|
March 19, 2014 10:00 gmt
CALENDAR: US- Weekly Mortgages, Weekly Crude, Fed Decision & Press Conference
| EURUSD 1.3916
|| U.S. 2.66% 0bp
|| North America:Steady|
| EURJPY 141.46
|| Bund 1.58% +1bp
|| DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6631
|| GILT 2.69% 0 bp
|| FTSE: Lower|
| USDJPY 101.63
|| JGB 0.61% -1bp
|| Far East Close:Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: US- Fed Decision & Press Conference
- Wednesday sees the latest Fed rates decision. No changes in the present course of policy are expected. With long-term U.S. rates low and the economy doing better. There could be a temptation to accelerate the pace of the Fed asset purchase taper, but caution suggests they will keep to their $10bln per month reduction pace.
- Another possibility from the Fed could be a change in forward guidance to qualitative from quantitative. There are clearly issues with the quantitative approach as labor participation rates change
- U.K. Claimant Count Unemployment about steady (after previous month revision). 7% Unemployment Carney target to consider raising rates.See the FOREX FORUM. for comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
- Thursday highlights include the latest Swiss National Bank policy decision and U.K. Retail Sales. Then on Friday, Canadian Retail Sales and CPI data are due.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released. See the FOREX FORUM. for comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 9 July 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
AA 12:00 EZ- Draghi EU Parliament Testimony
Tue 10 July 2018
AA 08:30 GB- Ind/Prod Output, Trade
AA 09:00 DE- ZEW Survey
Wed 11 July 2018
A 12:30 US- PPI
A 14:00 CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 12 July 2018
AA 12:30 US- CPI
Fri 13 July 2018
A 14:00 US- Prelim University of Michigan
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.