Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Saturday March 22, 2014 - 21:48:04 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Week Ahead Sees Active and Possibly Eventful News Calendar
|Week Ahead Sees Active and Possibly Eventful News Calendar|
March 24 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: Far East: CN- HSBC flash PMI. Europe: EZ/DE/FR- flash PMIs. North America: US- fl Markit PMI
| EURUSD 1.3795
|| U.S. 2.76% -1bp
|| North America:Higher|
| EURJPY 140.84
|| Bund 1.64% -1bp
|| DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6493
|| GILT 2.75% -1bp
|| FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 102.10
|| JGB 0.60% -1bp
|| Far East Close:Higher|
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: CN- HSBC flash PMI, EZ/DE/FR- flash PMIs, US- flash Markit PMI
- Fed Chair Yellen's unexpected revelation of the apparent Fed time line for a start of a normalization of monetary policy is the new trading theme for global financial markets.. If she made a gaffe, it might only have been disclosing the time line. There is no way she made up the timing of a likely Fed tightening off the top of her head.
- I don't thin this revaluation was pre-planned, but I don't think it was in error. Were we all were expecting U.S. rates to remain at zero forever? Obviously the ultimate tightening, I call it "normalization", will have be data-dependent.
- From a trading perspective, expect the focus of the markets will increasingly be on U.S, employment and inflation data over the next year or so. The first hurdle will be if U.S. jobs data in the first two months were adversely-impacted by the weather. That time line could change if the economy is not improving. I indicated a week ago that I felt the global economy has been improving. Now we need a sustained improvement in the data to confirm it.
- A rebounding U.S. economy WOULD be USD supportive. As for chatter about "damage control" Personally, I don't see any "damage" to control. I think the Fed Board is increasingly worried about the long-term risks of all the money they have been printing. It seems to me that if the Fed is moving onto a normalization path for policy, it would be because the economy is finally starting to recover. I don't see how better growth with low inflation would not be positive for stocks?
- The news data calendar for the week ahead is active one. Monday sees flash March PMI data from a number of key economies. On Tuesday, the closely followed German IFO Survey will be released, along with U.K. inflation data and U.S. Conference Board Consumer Confidence.
- Wednesday features U.K. GDP and U.S. Durable Goods. On Thursday, U.K. Retail Sales data are released. Later in the day, U.S. Weekly Jobless data are slated. Early Friday the usual Japanese end of month slew of data are due. The U.S. will see Personal Income data and the final University of Michigan Survey for March.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released. See the FOREX FORUM. for comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 January 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 15 Jan 2018
00:00 US- Holiday
Tue 16 Jan 2018
09:00 GB- CPI
20:00 US- Beige Book
Wed 17 Jan 2018
00:30 AU- Employment
02:00 CN- GDP
10:00 EZ- final HICP
14:15 US- Industrial Production
15:00 CA- Bank of Canada Decision
Thu 17 Jan 2018
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
16:00 US- EIA Crude
Fri 18 Jan 2018
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
15:00 US- University of Michigan (prelim) Survey
PROSPECTIVE Trading Opportunities
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Tue -- 09:30 GMT-- GB- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed -- 10:00 GMT-- EZ- Final HICP
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium- Wed --14:15 GMT-- US- Industrial Production
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 15:00 GMT-- CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.