Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday March 24, 2014 - 18:39:14 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Eurozone PMI Data Mixed. France Spikes Higher. China's Data Disappoints. IFO Tuesday
|Eurozone PMI Data Mixed. France Spikes Higher. China's Data Disappoints. IFO Tuesday|
March 25 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: DE- IFO Survey, UK- CPI & RPI, CBI Distributive Trades, US- Case Shiller, CB Consumer Sentiment, Richmond Fed, New Homes Sales, 2-yr, API
| EURUSD 1.3840
|| U.S. 2.75% -1bp
|| North America:Lower|
| EURJPY 141.43
|| Bund 1.60% -bp
|| DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6498
|| GILT 2.71% -5bp
|| FTSE: Lower|
| USDJPY 102.17
|| JGB 0.61% +1bp
|| Far East Close:Higher|
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: DE- IFO Survey, UK- CPI, RPI and PPI, US- Case-Shiller Index, CB Consumer Sentiment, New Homes Sales
- On Tuesday, the closely followed German IFO Survey will be released, along with U.K. inflation data and U.S. Conference Board Consumer Confidence Survey.
- EZ- flash PMIs were mixed Monday, however the French data showed an unexpected improvement . U.S. flash PMI gave back some of its January gains. Earl lier HSBC Chinese flash PMI weakened, See the FOREX FORUM. for comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
- Fed Governors continues to comment on Yellen's recent statements on Fed policy indicating rather vaguely that policy has not changed.
- From a trading perspective, expect the focus of the markets will increasingly be on U.S, employment and inflation data over the next year or so. The first hurdle will be if U.S. jobs data in the first two months were adversely-impacted by the weather.
- A rebounding U.S. economy WOULD be USD supportive. As for chatter about "damage control" Personally, I don't see any "damage" to control. I think the Fed Board is increasingly worried about the long-term risks of all the money they have been printing. It seems to me that if the Fed is moving onto a normalization path for policy, it would be because the economy is finally starting to recover. I don't see how better growth with low inflation would not be positive for stocks?
- Wednesday features U.K. GDP and U.S. Durable Goods. On Thursday, U.K. Retail Sales data are released. Later in the day, U.S. Weekly Jobless data are slated. Early Friday the usual Japanese end of month slew of data are due. The U.S. will see Personal Income data and the final University of Michigan Survey for March.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released. See the FOREX FORUM. for comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
Mon 15 Oct 2018
AA 12:30 US- Retail Sales
Tue 16 Oct 2018
AA 08:30 GB- Employment
A 09:00 DE- ZEW Survey
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
Wed 17 Oct 2018
AA 08:30 GB- CPI
A 09:00 EZ- Final HICP
A 12:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 18:00 US- Fed Policy Minutes
Thu 18 Oct 2018
A 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 08:30 GB- Retail Sales
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 19 OCt 2018
AA 12:30 CA- CPI/ Retail Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.