Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Saturday April 12, 2014 - 18:08:23 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Active Calendar into Friday's Holiday Break. All Eyes are on Equities
|Active Calendar into Friday's Holiday Break. All Eyes are on Equities|
April 14, 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: EZ- Industrial Production, US- Retail Sales, Business Inventories
| EURUSD 1.3890
|| U.S. 2.62% -1bp
|| North America: Lower|
| EURJPY 141.04
|| Bund 1.51% -1bp
|| DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6745
|| GILT 2.61% -1bp
| USDJPY 101.53
|| JGB 0.61% 0bp
|| Far East Close: Lower|
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: EZ- Industrial Production, US- Retail Sales
- Fed Minutes from Wednesday of last week illustrated the impossibility of central Bank calendar-related rate guidance. The basic message of the Fed Minutes seems to have been that Yellen's comment that rates could start to rise six months after the end of the asst purchases taper had been made off the cuff and was not policy.
- As a result the yield on the 10-yr note fell to as low as 2.62% in the latest week. Recall the 10-yr spiked to 3.00% when the "tapering" was first announced. Traders will have to be cognizant of the general pattern of economic data for major economies.
- The other key development last week was the correction in equity prices led by a decline in the NASDAQ. The NASDAQ had become heavily overbought led by the booming biotech industry, but apparently prices had gotten heavily overbought and were ripe for a correction.
- This week is dominated by holidays related to Passover and Easter. Friday (Good Friday) will be a holiday for many markets. Data news highlights this week include U.S. Retail Sales data on Monday and the German ZEW Survey and Inflation data from the U.S., U.K. and N.Z. Tuesday.
- Wednesday will be busy with Chinese GDP, U.K. employment, EZ final CPI (HICP), U.S. Housing Starts/Permits, and a Bank of Canada rate decision. Thursday sees Canadian CPI data before the holiday break.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released. See the FOREX FORUM. for comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 11 December 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 12 Dec
09:30 GB- CPI
10:00 GB- ZEW Survey
13:30 US- PPI
Wed 13 Dec
00:30 AU- Employment
09:30 GB- Unemployment
13:30 US- CPI
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- Fed Decision
Thu 14 Dec
07:30 CH- SNB Decision
All Day- Global- flash PMIs
12:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
12:45 EZ- ECB Decision
13:30 US- Retail Sales
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
14:45 US- Industrial Production
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Mediun Tue--10:00 GMT-- DE- ZEW. Second Tier Sentiment Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH-Medium Tue--13:30 GMT-- US- PPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH-Medium Wed--09:30 GMT-- GB- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed--13:30 GMT-- US- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed--15:30 GMT-- US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: High Wed--19:00 GMT-- US- Fed Decision
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Thu --00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Thu --All day-- global- flash PMIs
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH-Medium- Thu --07:30-- CH- Swiss National Bank Decision
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH-Medium- Thu --09:30-- GB- Retail Sales
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..