Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday April 16, 2014 - 18:04:14 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Mixed U.S. data. UK Jobs Better. EZ Final HICP Steady to Lower. China GDP Better than Seen
|Mixed U.S. data. UK Jobs Better. EZ Final HICP Steady to Lower. China GDP Better than Seen|
April 17, 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: Far East: CA- CPI, US- Initial Claims, Philly Fed, Natural Gas, Early Closes
| EURUSD 1.3825
|| U.S. 2.64% +2bp
|| North America: Higher|
| EURJPY 141.38
|| Bund 1.49% +1bp
|| DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6800
|| GILT 2.64% +3bp
|| FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 102.25
|| JGB 0.61% +1bp
|| Far East Close: Higher|
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: CA- CPI, US- Initial Claims, Philly Fed
- Trading slowed late Wednesday as markets wound down ahead of the Easter break that starts as early as Thursday in some centers and can run through Monday for some. Thursday sees some important releases.
- U.S. March Housing data improved, but fell short of expectations for a post winter rebound. Industrial Production improved. See the FOREX FORUM. for comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
- Euronome flash HICP saw headline (yy) data unrevised but the core reading lowered. The data keep the pressure on the ECB to ease policy.
- Key U.K.employment data improved in March as expected with the critical unemployment rate failing below 7.0%. Talk now about a rate hike in early 2015. GBP is higher
- Chinese 1Q14 GDP was 7.4% y/y vs. expectations of a reading around 7.00%. Equities in China closed higher following the data.
- Thursday sees Canadian CPI, U.S. Initial Jobless Claims and the Philly Fed Index ahead of the holiday break. Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released. See the FOREX FORUM. for comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 26 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 26 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 15:00 US- New Homes Sales
Tue 27 Feb 2018
A 08:55 DE- Jobless
B 13:30 US- Durable Goods
A 15:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence
A 15:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
AA 15:00 US- Powell House Testimony
Wed 28 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- flash HICP
AA 13:30 US- GDP
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 1 Mar 2018
A All Day final Mfg PMIs
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 13:30 US- Core PCE Deflator
AA 15:00 US- Powell Senate Testimony
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Fri 2 Mar 2018
AA 15:00 US- final Univ of Mich
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.