Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday April 17, 2014 - 09:16:01 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Markets Wind Down for Easter. U.S. and Canadian Data Due
|Markets Wind Down for Easter. U.S. and Canadian Data Due|
April 17, 2014 09:00 gmt
CALENDAR: Far East: CA- CPI, US- Initial Claims, Philly Fed, Natural Gas, Early Closes
| EURUSD 1.3840
|| U.S. 2.65% +1bp
|| North America: Lower|
| EURJPY 141.20
|| Bund 1.49% 0bp
|| DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6830
|| GILT 2.65% +1bp
|| FTSE: Lower|
| USDJPY 102.02
|| JGB 0.61% 0bp
|| Far East Close: Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: CA- CPI, US- Initial Claims, Philly Fed
- Comments Wednesday from Fed Chair Yellen appeared aimed at soothing the markets and seemingly pushed out to two years the expected time line for a Fed policy tightening. Obviously any such moves would be data-Dependant.
- Today markets are winding down ahead of the Easter break that starts as early as today in some centers and can run through Monday for some.
- Today sees Canadian CPI, U.S. Initial Jobless Claims and the Philly Fed Index ahead of the holiday break. Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
- Euronome flash HICP saw headline (yy) data Wednesday were unrevised but the core reading lowered. The data will keep the pressure on the ECB to ease policy.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released. See the FOREX FORUM. for comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
Mon 15 Oct 2018
AA 12:30 US- Retail Sales
Tue 16 Oct 2018
AA 08:30 GB- Employment
A 09:00 DE- ZEW Survey
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
Wed 17 Oct 2018
AA 08:30 GB- CPI
A 09:00 EZ- Final HICP
A 12:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 18:00 US- Fed Policy Minutes
Thu 18 Oct 2018
A 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 08:30 GB- Retail Sales
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 19 OCt 2018
AA 12:30 CA- CPI/ Retail Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.