Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday April 22, 2014 - 18:32:15 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
U.S. Housing Flat. Flash Global PMIs Releases Wednesday
|U.S. Housing Flat. Flash Global PMIs Releases Wednesday|
April 23 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: AU- CPI, CN- flash HSBC PMI. FR/DE/EZ- flash Mfg and SVC PMIs, BOE Minutes. US- Weekly Mortgages, New Homes Sales, flash Markit PMI, Weekly Crude, 5-yr. EZ- Consumer Confidence, US- Existing Homes Sales. Richmond Fed index, API Energy
| EURUSD 1.3807
|| U.S. 2.74% +5bp
|| North America: Higher|
| EURJPY 141.57
|| Bund 1.53% +3bp
|| DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6820
|| GILT 2.72% +2bp
|| FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 102.54
|| JGB 0.61% 0bp
|| Far East Close: Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: AU- CPI, CN- flash HSBC PMI, FR/DE/EZ- flash Mfg and SVC PMIs, BOE Minutes. US- New Homes Sales, flash Markit PMI, 5-yr
- Tuesday turned into a "risk-on" session and this was favorable for the USD. Furthermore, early in the day, a ECB official explicitly talked down the EURUSD. This reinforces the view that the strength of the EUR is a major concern at the central bank. So far the USD gains vs. the EUR have been modest .
- March U.S. Existing Homes Sales data were in line with estimates. Existing Homes were more or less steady vs. month ago levels and thus remain depressed. The Richmond Fed Survey was stronger than expected.
- Wednesday sees an avalanche of key data releases. One highlight of the day is the release of April flash PMI data from various parts of the globe. Flash PMI data estimates generally tend to wind up close to the final reading. Canadian (Wednesday) and U.K. (Friday) Retail Sales data are always key releases. Thursday sees the major German IFO Survey results. The final April University of Michigan Survey is released on Friday. Next week will see a FOMC decision and the critical monthly U.S. employment reports..
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released. See the FOREX FORUM. for comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 January 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 15 Jan 2018
00:00 US- Holiday
Tue 16 Jan 2018
09:00 GB- CPI
20:00 US- Beige Book
Wed 17 Jan 2018
00:30 AU- Employment
02:00 CN- GDP
10:00 EZ- final HICP
14:15 US- Industrial Production
15:00 CA- Bank of Canada Decision
Thu 17 Jan 2018
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
16:00 US- EIA Crude
Fri 18 Jan 2018
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
15:00 US- University of Michigan (prelim) Survey
PROSPECTIVE Trading Opportunities
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Tue -- 09:30 GMT-- GB- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed -- 10:00 GMT-- EZ- Final HICP
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium- Wed --14:15 GMT-- US- Industrial Production
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 15:00 GMT-- CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.