Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday April 23, 2014 - 19:17:48 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Dismal U.S. Housing Data. Aus CPI soft. Mixed Flash PMIs for China, EZ and U.S.
|Dismal U.S. Housing Data. Aus CPI soft. Mixed Flash PMIs for China, EZ and U.S.|
April 24 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: NZ- RBNZ, JP- CPI, Unemployment. DE- IFO, EZ- Draghi, GB- CBI Distributive Trades.US- Durable Goods, Weekly Jobless, Natural Gas, 7-yr
| EURUSD 1.3816
|| U.S. 2.68% -4bp
|| North America: Lower|
| EURJPY 141.51
|| Bund 1.52% -3bp
|| DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6778
|| GILT 2.67% -5bp
|| FTSE: Lower|
| USDJPY 102.42
|| JGB 0.62% +1bp
|| Far East Close: Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: NZ- RBNZ, JP- CPI, DE- IFO, EZ- Draghi, US- Durable Goods, Weekly Jobless
- Thursday features the major German IFO Survey results. U.K. Retail Sales data due Friday are always a key release. The final April University of Michigan Survey is also released on Friday. Next week will see a FOMC decision and the critical monthly U.S. employment reports.
- In Far East Trade, easier than expected Australian CPI data saw the Aussie dollar fall on lessened expectations for a central bank policy tightening later in the year. The headline HSBC flash PMI was about as expected although some of the internal data in the report were weak.
- Eurozone flash April PMI data were mostly better than expected. The data have given the EURUSD a lift. Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
- Canadian Retail Sales for February (after revisions) were weaker than expected. The U.S. Markit April flash PMI was basically flat year/year. U.S. New Homes Sales for March were considerably weaker than expected and raise concerns in the minds of some about the sustainability of any U.S. housing recovery.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released. See the FOREX FORUM. for comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 10 Sep 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
AA 08:30 GB- GDP, Trade, Output
Tue 11 Sep 2018
AA 08:30 GB- Employment Decision
A 09:00 DE- ZEW Survey
Wed 12 Sep 2018
A 12:30 US- PPI
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
A 18:00 US- Beige Book
Thu 13 Sep 2018
A 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
AA 11:45 EZ- European Central Bank Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 12:30 US- CPI
Fri 14 Sep 2018
A 08:30 GB- GDP
AA 12:30 US- Retail Sales
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
AA 14:00 US- prelim University of Michigan
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.