Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday April 23, 2014 - 19:17:48 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Dismal U.S. Housing Data. Aus CPI soft. Mixed Flash PMIs for China, EZ and U.S.
|Dismal U.S. Housing Data. Aus CPI soft. Mixed Flash PMIs for China, EZ and U.S.|
April 24 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: NZ- RBNZ, JP- CPI, Unemployment. DE- IFO, EZ- Draghi, GB- CBI Distributive Trades.US- Durable Goods, Weekly Jobless, Natural Gas, 7-yr
| EURUSD 1.3816
|| U.S. 2.68% -4bp
|| North America: Lower|
| EURJPY 141.51
|| Bund 1.52% -3bp
|| DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6778
|| GILT 2.67% -5bp
|| FTSE: Lower|
| USDJPY 102.42
|| JGB 0.62% +1bp
|| Far East Close: Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: NZ- RBNZ, JP- CPI, DE- IFO, EZ- Draghi, US- Durable Goods, Weekly Jobless
- Thursday features the major German IFO Survey results. U.K. Retail Sales data due Friday are always a key release. The final April University of Michigan Survey is also released on Friday. Next week will see a FOMC decision and the critical monthly U.S. employment reports.
- In Far East Trade, easier than expected Australian CPI data saw the Aussie dollar fall on lessened expectations for a central bank policy tightening later in the year. The headline HSBC flash PMI was about as expected although some of the internal data in the report were weak.
- Eurozone flash April PMI data were mostly better than expected. The data have given the EURUSD a lift. Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
- Canadian Retail Sales for February (after revisions) were weaker than expected. The U.S. Markit April flash PMI was basically flat year/year. U.S. New Homes Sales for March were considerably weaker than expected and raise concerns in the minds of some about the sustainability of any U.S. housing recovery.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released. See the FOREX FORUM. for comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 21 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..