Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday April 24, 2014 - 18:40:09 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Draghi Disappoints. Ukraine Worry Mounts. German IFO Data Beats. Busy Friday Awaited
|Draghi Disappoints. Ukraine Worry Mounts. German IFO Data Beats. Busy Friday Awaited|
April 25 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: AU- Holiday, JP- CPI, Unemployment. GB- Retail Sales.US- flash Markit Mfg PMI, University of Michigan Survey, COT Report.
| EURUSD 1.3828
|| U.S. 2.69% -1bp
|| North America: Mixed|
| EURJPY 141.46
|| Bund 1.52% 0bp
|| DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6799
|| GILT 2.70% +3bp
|| FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 102.31
|| JGB 0.63% +1bp
|| Far East Close: Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: AU- Holiday, JP- CPI, GB- Retail Sales, US- flash Markit Mfg PMI, University of Michigan Survey
- U.K. Retail Sales data due Friday are always a key release. The final April University of Michigan Survey is also released on Friday. Next week will see a FOMC decision and the critical monthly U.S. employment reports.
- The key German IFO Survey saw a better than expected performance in its headline Business Climate Index. The other indices saw mixed results. The EUR has rallied on the report. German data recently have been positive and do not ague in favor of ECB policy ease.Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
- Comments by ECB President Draghi in Amsterdam saw the central bank talking down the value of the common currency, but he did not signal a policy easing in two weeks time as hoped. The day also saw more saber-rattling by Russia vis-a-vis Ukraine. These developments weighed on the DAX..
- Weekly Jobless Claims Thursday rose more than expected in the latest week,. On the other hand, Durable Goods Orders outperformed expectations.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released. See the FOREX FORUM. for comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
Mon 23 Apr 2018
A All Day- Flash PMIs
AA 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
Tue 24 Apr 2018
AA 01:30 AU- CPI
A 08:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 14:00 US- CB Confidence
A 14:00 US- New Homes Sales
Wed 25 Apr 2018
AA 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 26 Apr 2018
AA 11:45 EZ- ECB Decision
A 12:30 US- Durable Goods
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 27 Apr 2018
AA 03:00 JP- Bank of Japan
A 08:00 DE- Employment
A 08:30 GB- GDP
A 14:00 US- University of Michigan
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.