Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday April 28, 2014 - 18:37:14 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
More High Impact News Data in Store for Tuesday. Ukraine Simmering
|More High Impact News Data in Store for Tuesday. Ukraine Simmering|
April 29 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: JP- Holiday, GB- GDP, US- Case-Shiller, CB Consumer Confidence
| EURUSD 1.3854
|| U.S. 2.70% +3bp
|| North America: Lower|
| EURJPY 141.79
|| Bund 1.50% +2bp
|| DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6805
|| GILT 2.67% +2bp
|| FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 102.35
|| JGB 0.61% -2bp
|| Far East Close: Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: JP- Holiday, GB- GDP, US- Case-Shiller, CB Consumer Confidence.
- Japanese Retail Sales outperformed estimates early on Monday, gaining 11.0% y y vs, +3.60% in March. All eyes have been on the strength of the Japanese recovery in the wake of the "April Fools Day" sales tax increase.
- U.S. March Pending Homes Sales, a reliable predictor of Existing Homes Sales two months in advance spiked higher by 3.4% mo/mo vs. expectations of a 0.70% advance. This was the first positive piece of news for housing in over six months. Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released. Tuesday sees U.K. GDP and the Conference Board consumer Sentiment Survey.
- We expect no surprises from the FOMC Wednesday. Another $10 bln cut in the monthly Asset Purchase Program to $45bln is assured. There is no press conference afterwards, so we will have only the official statement as an explanation of the policy decision. Chair Yellen will speak publicly on Thursday.
- The latest Employment Report (April) will not be released until Friday. The U.S. Employment data will be the major focus as the impact of the severe winter weather continues to work its way out of the data. Up until now the pace of improvement in the jobs statistics has been disappointingly slow. We note also that national housing statistics have been shockingly poor as well.
- The Fed has price stability and full-employment as its twin mandates. An unexpected surge in job creation could provide equities with a needed shot in the arm.
- High-Impact data Wednesday will be flash Eurozone inflation, which could impact the ECB decision a week from now and German Retail Sales. U.S. ADP data affect the outlook for the Friday Jobs report. Thursday sees the Manufacturing PMI data for a number of economies. Fed Chair Yellen speaks as well. Friday sees the April U.S. Jobs report.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released. See the FOREX FORUM. for comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 19 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 19 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
00:00 CN, US- Holiday
Tue 20 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A 10:00 US- ZEW Survey
Wed 21 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A All Day flash PMIs
A 15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 19:00 US- Fed Meeting Minutes
Thu 22 Feb 2018
A 09:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 09:30 GB- GDP
AA 13:30 CA- Retail Sales
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 23 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- Final HICP
AA 13:30 CA- CPI
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.