Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday April 29, 2014 - 18:27:17 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
U.K. GDP Up, Conference Board Survey Falls. "Risk-On" Markets
|U.K. GDP Up, Conference Board Survey Falls. "Risk-On" Markets|
April 30 2014 00:00 gmt
JP- Mfg PMI, Industrial Output, Bank of Japan. DE- Retail Sales, Unemployment, CH- KOF Indicator, EZ flash HICP. US- Weekly Mortgages, ADP Jobs, GDP, Chicago PMI, Weekly Crude, Fed Decision, CA- GDP
| EURUSD 1.3811
|| U.S. 2.72% 0bp
|| North America: Higher|
| EURJPY 141.67
|| Bund 1.53% 0bp
|| DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6824
|| GILT 2.69% 0bp
|| FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 102.58
|| JGB 0.62% +1bp
|| Far East Close: Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: JP- Mfg PMI, Industrial Output, Bank of Japan, DE- Retail Sales, Unemployment, CH- KOF Indicator, EZ flash HICP, US- ADP Jobs, GDP, Chicago PMI, Fed Decision, CA- GDP
- We expect no surprises from the FOMC policy announcement on Wednesday. Another $10 bln cut in the monthly Asset Purchase Program to $45bln is assured. There is no press conference afterwards, so we will have only the official statement as an explanation of the policy decision. Chair Yellen will speak publicly on Thursday and may or may not comment of Fed policy..
- The U.S. Conference Board consumer Sentiment Survey for April was weaker than expected. This survey focuses on a shorter-term time frame than the University of Michigan Survey, which is long-term. See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
- Preliminary 1Q14 U.K. GDP advanced +0.80% qq and +3.10% yy. This fell short of expectations, but still represented solid growth. The GBP dipped initially on the data but has since stabilized.
- The latest Employment Report (April) will not be released until Friday. The U.S. Employment data will be the major focus as the impact of the severe winter weather continues to work its way out of the data. Up until now the pace of improvement in the jobs statistics has been disappointingly slow. We note also that national housing statistics have been shockingly poor as well.
- The Fed has price stability and full-employment as its twin mandates. An unexpected surge in job creation could provide equities with a needed shot in the arm.
- High-Impact data Wednesday will be flash Eurozone inflation, which could impact the ECB decision a week from now and German Retail Sales. U.S. ADP data affect the outlook for the Friday Jobs report. Thursday sees the Manufacturing PMI data for a number of economies. Fed Chair Yellen speaks as well. Friday sees the April U.S. Jobs report.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released. See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 19 June 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 12:30 US- House Permits/Starts
Wed 20 June 2018
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 21 June 2018
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 22 June 2018
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.