Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday May 6, 2014 - 18:52:10 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Inconsequential U.S. data. Final Eurozone & Service PMIs Better. Steady RBA Policy
|Inconsequential U.S. data. Final Eurozone & Service PMIs Better. Steady RBA Policy|
May 7, 2014 09:00 gmt
DE- Factory Orders. US- Weekly Mortgages, Productivity, Yellen testimony, Weekly Crude, 10-yr Auction
| EURUSD 1.3935
|| U.S. 2.60% -1bp
|| North America:Lower|
| EURJPY 141.52
|| Bund 1.46% 0bp
|| DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6980
|| GILT 2.66% +2bp
|| FTSE: Lower|
| USDJPY 101.60
|| JGB 0.61% 0bp
|| Far East Close: Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: DE- Factory Orders, Productivity, Yellen testimony, 10-yr Auction
- U.S. March Trade data came in about as expected and thus are unlikely to impact significantly the 1Q14 GDP revisions.
- Final Services PMI's from Europe and the U.K. were generally been stronger than expected with the exception of Germany. The EURUSD has moved into range of its1.40 psychological target . The same is true for GBPUSD 1.70.
- The Reserve Bank of Australia kept rates steady today as expected, saying the most prudent course is a period of stable rates.The RBA said the AUD remains historically high and its decline from a year ago will assist an economic transition
- We will closely monitor the ECB commentary Thursday to see what is said about the value of their common currency. We do not expect any ECB policy change. From a trading point of view keep a close eye on USDCNY because that will tell you in real-time what the PBOC is up to
- This week also features a Bank of England meeting on Thursday. Canadian Employment data are due on Friday..
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released. See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 20 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 20 Nov
14:00 EZ- Draghi Speech
15:00 US- Leading Indicators
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..