Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday May 8, 2014 - 18:22:42 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
ECB Hints At Policy Ease. BOE Holds Steady. Yellen Testimony Is Unchanged
|ECB Hints At Policy Ease. BOE Holds Steady. Yellen Testimony Is Unchanged|
May 9, 2014 00:30 gmt
CN- CPI, JP-Lead Indicators. Europe: DE- Trade, GB- Industrial & Manufacturing Output, Trade. CA- Employment, US- Wholesale Inventories, COT Report
| EURUSD 1.3859
|| U.S. 2.58% 0bp
|| North America: Higher|
| EURJPY 140.63
|| Bund 1.45% -2bp
|| DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6938
|| GILT 2.65% 0bp
|| FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 101.50
|| JGB 0.61% +1bp
|| Far East Close: Higher|
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: CN- CPI, DE- Trade, GB- Industrial & Manufacturing Output, Trade, CA- Employment
- As usual, the press conference following the ECB policy decision provided more information than the press release. In his comments Mario Draghi made it clear that the strong EUR in a period of high interest rates presents a problem for the ECB. He also hinted that the ECB could take policy action at its June meeting to boost the rate of inflation depending on the latest economic forecasts due at that meeting.
- The Bank of England kept policy steady as expected and released no policy statement, as is typical.
- Fed Chair Yellen said nothing new Thursday after yesterday taking an accommodative posture as expected. She reiterated that a high degree of Monetary policy accommodation is still warranted.
- Earlier China Trade performed better than expected. The same was true of Australian employment data for April. German Industrial Production unexpected;y fell -0.50%.Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
- Canadian Employment data are due Friday.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released. See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 10 Sep 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
AA 08:30 GB- GDP, Trade, Output
Tue 11 Sep 2018
AA 08:30 GB- Employment Decision
A 09:00 DE- ZEW Survey
Wed 12 Sep 2018
A 12:30 US- PPI
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
A 18:00 US- Beige Book
Thu 13 Sep 2018
A 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
AA 11:45 EZ- European Central Bank Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 12:30 US- CPI
Fri 14 Sep 2018
A 08:30 GB- GDP
AA 12:30 US- Retail Sales
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
AA 14:00 US- prelim University of Michigan
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.