Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday May 12, 2014 - 18:17:13 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Calendar Heats up on Tuesday with Key German and U.S. Data
|Calendar Heats up on Tuesday with Key German and U.S. Data|
May 13, 2014 00:00 gmt
Far East: No Major Data. DE- ZEW Survey.US- Import Prices, Retail Sales, Business Inventories, API Energy
| EURUSD 1.3725
|| U.S. 2.66% +4bp
|| North America: Higher|
| EURJPY 140.53
|| Bund 1.46% 0bp
|| DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6866
|| GILT 2.73% +4bp
|| FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 102.15
|| JGB 0.61% +0bp
|| Far East Close: Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: DE- ZEW Survey, US- Import Prices, Retail Sales, Business Inventories
- Following as quiet day for major data, the calendar will heat up on Tuesday. Major highlights include the German ZEW Survey and U.S. Retail Sales data.
- The German ZEW survey is seen as a precursor of the IFO Survey due next week and any U.S. recovery must be led by the consumer.
- ECB President Mario draghi in his post-ECB policy decision press conference last Thursday saw him say that a strong Euro in the context of low CPI and low econ growth is a cause for serious concern.. When a central banker cites "serious concern", pay attention!
- Wednesday sees key U.K. employment data. The highlight Thursday will be final April HICP data, which could figure into the June ECB decision. On Friday, markets clearly will be focused on U.S. Housing Starts and Permits after Yellen's comments.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released. See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
Mon 15 Oct 2018
AA 12:30 US- Retail Sales
Tue 16 Oct 2018
AA 08:30 GB- Employment
A 09:00 DE- ZEW Survey
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
Wed 17 Oct 2018
AA 08:30 GB- CPI
A 09:00 EZ- Final HICP
A 12:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 18:00 US- Fed Policy Minutes
Thu 18 Oct 2018
A 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 08:30 GB- Retail Sales
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 19 OCt 2018
AA 12:30 CA- CPI/ Retail Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.