Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday May 13, 2014 - 18:37:31 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
EURUSD Pushes Lower. Mixed Data from Germany and U.S. Key U.K. Reports Upcoming
|EURUSD Pushes Lower. Mixed Data from Germany and U.S. Key U.K. Reports Upcoming|
May 14, 2014 00:00 gmt
JP- GDP, GB- Unemployment,BOE Inflation Report, EZ- Industrial Production, .US- PPI, Weekly Crude
| EURUSD 1.3701
|| U.S. 2.62% -3bp
|| North America: Higher|
| EURJPY 140.13
|| Bund 1.42% -4bp
|| DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6823
|| GILT 2.68% -5bp
|| FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 102.28
|| JGB 0.61% 0bp
|| Far East Close: Higher|
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: JP- GDP, GB- Unemployment, BOE Inflation Report. EZ- Industrial Production, US- PPI
- The EURUSD fell to new lows for the move Tuesday. The markets continue to react to comments by ECB President Draghi last Thursday. He said a strong Euro in the context of low CPI and low econ growth is a cause for "serious concern".
- Wednesday sees key U.K. employment data. They are one of the key data releases of the month. Also the Bank of England Quarterly Inflation report is always closely watched.
- U.S. Retail Sales data for April were weaker than expected, although February and March readings were revised higher. Analysts don't see the revisions having a major impact on 1Q14 GDP revisions.
- The German ZEW survey was mixed withe the key Economic Expectations component continuing to fall. This report is seen as a precursor of the IFO Survey due next week.Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
- The highlight Thursday will be final April HICP data, which could figure into the June ECB decision. On Friday, markets clearly will be focused on U.S. Housing Starts and Permits after Yellen's comments.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released. See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 21 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..