Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday May 21, 2014 - 18:21:38 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
No Surprises from Fed Minutes. Strong U.K. Retail Sales. BOJ and BOE in Line
|No Surprises from Fed Minutes. Strong U.K. Retail Sales. BOJ and BOE in Line|
May 22, 2014 00:00 gmt
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
- Late European trade markets are taking increasingly a "risk-on "posture.
- Yields in prime fixed income markets are higher as equities rise. Yields on bonds on the periphery of the Eurozone have fallen sharply..
- Equities rallied modestly in the Far East earlier. European bourses are now broadly higher. U.S. equities are currently trading higher across the board.
- The U.S. 10-yr is 2.54%, +3bp.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflect yields. This aligns all the colors in the chart to reflect risk-on (green) and risk-off (red)
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: CN- HSBC PMI, EZ/DE/FR- flash Mfg & SVC PMIs, GB- GDP, CA- Retail Sales, US- Weekly Jobs, flash Mfg PMI, Existing Homes Sales, Lead Indicators, Nat Gas
The latest Fed policy meeting minutes were dovish, as widely anticipated. They reinforced the common view that the central Bank is not in any rush to raise interest rates.
Fed he April U.K. ex-fuel Retail Sales data saw the largest monthly increase since 2004. The data were helped by the late Easter holiday this year, but the data were far better than forecast. The GBP rallied on the news. Key Bank of England monetary policy votes were both unanimous in favor of an unchanged policy. Markets were looking for any signs of developing dissent, but there were not. See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen. .
The Bank of Japan kept policy steady as widely expected today. The central bank persisted in its constructive outlook for the future of the economy. Most observers are expecting no changes in policy for the balance of the year as it will take a while to fully assess the lasting impact of the April 1 sales tax increase.
U.K. remains a feature with second revisions to GDP due Thursday. Flash PMI data from several key economies are due on Thursday as well. A key feature from the U.S. will be Existing Homes sales, the broadest measure of the housing market.
Five Day Trading Planner
WEDNESDAY 21 May 2014
- - Consumer Confidence not a market mover, but a useful sentiment barometer.
- - FRB Chair Yellen: Commencement Address at NYU. Don't expect much. This is not the venue.
- - FOMC Minutes: Further detail on the April 29-30 policy decision.
THURSDAY 22 May 2014
.- - GDP. The second revision to 1Q14 is not likely to be changed much. Unlikely to be a market mover.
- - flash May PMI's. Always closely followed, but we have not been seeing a reliable pass through of the PMI sentiment recently to hard data.
- - Existing Homes Sales the most important U.S. housing statistics. It is seen improving.
- - Retail Sales Key Canadian statistic, but it tend to be rather old. Seen weaker,
FRIDAY 23 May 2014
- - IFO survey. Most important German sentiment survey and usually a market mover. Consensus: mixed to weaker
- - CPI Seen within the Bank of Canada target range. Such an outcome would dampen speculation for a rate cut.
- - New Homes Sales. Another piece of the housing picture. It is seen improving. This is usually not a market mover.
MONDAY 26 May 2016
UK & U.S
.- - Holidays
TUESDAY 27 May 2016
United States- Durable Goods/ Capacity Utilization, Case Shiller, Markit Service PMI, Richmond Fed Survey, Conference Board Survey, 2-yr Auction, Fed Minutes
WEDNESDAY 28 May 2016
United States- 5-yr Auction.
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland, is a founding partner of Global-View.com, and an author. He has been an FX consultant for a money center. bank, a forex trader for a N.Y. institution, and a FX analyst for a top Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 19 June 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 12:30 US- House Permits/Starts
Wed 20 June 2018
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 21 June 2018
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 22 June 2018
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.