Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday May 22, 2014 - 12:13:18 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Mixed flash Eurozone PMIs, China flash PMI Improves, U.K. GDP Data Unrevised
|Mixed flash Eurozone PMIs, China flash PMI Improves, U.K. GDP Data Unrevised|
May 22, 2014 010:00 gmt
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
- Early European trading markets are holding onto the general "risk-on" posture from late Wednesday.
- Yields in prime fixed income markets are steady to higher as equities rise. Yields on bonds on the periphery of the Eurozone have fallen sharply again.
- Equities mostly rallied in the Far East earlier. European bourses are now higher. U.S. equity futures are currently trading higher.
- The U.S. 10-yr is 2.55%, +1bp.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflect yields. This aligns all the colors in the chart to reflect risk-on (green) and risk-off (red)
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: CA- Retail Sales, US- Weekly Jobs, flash Mfg PMI, Existing Homes Sales, Lead Indicators, Nat Gas
The flash HSBC China PMI recovered in May to just below the "50" expansion level, and the report gave Far East markets a lift.
Flash PMI data from Europe were missed with Manufacturing data falling and Service data mixed, but on balance higher. In general they support the case for ECB ease in two weeks time.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen. .
Five Day Trading Planner
THURSDAY 22 May 2014
.- - GDP. The second revision to 1Q14 is not likely to be changed much. Unlikely to be a market mover.
- - flash May PMI's. Always closely followed, but we have not been seeing a reliable pass through of the PMI sentiment recently to hard data.
- - Existing Homes Sales the most important U.S. housing statistics. It is seen improving.
- - Retail Sales Key Canadian statistic, but it tend to be rather old. Seen weaker,
FRIDAY 23 May 2014
- - IFO survey. Most important German sentiment survey and usually a market mover. Consensus: mixed to weaker
- - CPI Seen within the Bank of Canada target range. Such an outcome would dampen speculation for a rate cut.
- - New Homes Sales. Another piece of the housing picture. It is seen improving. This is usually not a market mover.
MONDAY 26 May 2014
UK & U.S
.- - Holidays
TUESDAY 27 May 2014
United States- Durable Goods/ Capacity Utilization, Case Shiller, Markit Service PMI, Richmond Fed Survey, Conference Board Survey, 2-yr Auction, Fed Minutes
WEDNESDAY 28 May 2014
United States- 5-yr Auction.
THURSDAY 29 May 2014
United States- GDP, Weekly Jobless Claims. Pending Homes Sales
FRIDAY 30 May 2014
United States- University of Michigan survey
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland, is a founding partner of Global-View.com, and an author. He has been an FX consultant for a money center. bank, a forex trader for a N.Y. institution, and a FX analyst for a top Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 January 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 15 Jan 2018
00:00 US- Holiday
Tue 16 Jan 2018
09:00 GB- CPI
20:00 US- Beige Book
Wed 17 Jan 2018
00:30 AU- Employment
02:00 CN- GDP
10:00 EZ- final HICP
14:15 US- Industrial Production
15:00 CA- Bank of Canada Decision
Thu 17 Jan 2018
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
16:00 US- EIA Crude
Fri 18 Jan 2018
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
15:00 US- University of Michigan (prelim) Survey
PROSPECTIVE Trading Opportunities
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Tue -- 09:30 GMT-- GB- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed -- 10:00 GMT-- EZ- Final HICP
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium- Wed --14:15 GMT-- US- Industrial Production
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 15:00 GMT-- CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.