Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday May 22, 2014 - 19:29:48 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
U.S. PMI data beat, Mixed flash Eurozone PMIs, China flash PMI Improves.
|U.S. PMI data beat, Mixed flash Eurozone PMIs, China flash PMI Improves.|
May 23, 2014 00:00 gmt
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
- Late in European trading, markets have been drifting away from a"risk-on" posture to greater neutrality.
- Yields in prime fixed income markets are steady to mixed as equities stabilizw. Yields on bonds on the periphery of the Eurozone have turned higher after falling sharply early.
- Equities mostly rallied in the Far East earlier. European bourses are closing higher. U.S. equies are currently trading higher.
- The U.S. 10-yr is 2.55%, +1bp.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflect yields. This aligns all the colors in the chart to reflect risk-on (green) and risk-off (red)
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: DE- IFO Survey, CA- CPI, US- New Homes Sales
U.S. Weekly Jobless Claims increased modestly, but had little market impact. The flash Markit PMI was stronger than expected. Canadian Retail Sales data were mixed. U.S. and UK markets are likely to wind down early Friday ahead of Monday holidays.
The flash HSBC China PMI recovered in May to just below the "50" expansion level, and the report gave Far East markets a lift.
Flash PMI data from Europe were missed with Manufacturing data falling and Service data mixed, but on balance higher. In general they support the case for ECB ease in two weeks time.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen. .
Five Day Trading Planner
FRIDAY 23 May 2014
- - IFO survey. Most important German sentiment survey and usually a market mover. Consensus: mixed to weaker
- - CPI Seen within the Bank of Canada target range. Such an outcome would dampen speculation for a rate cut.
- - New Homes Sales. Another piece of the housing picture. It is seen improving. This is usually not a market mover.
MONDAY 26 May 2014
UK & U.S
.- - Holidays
TUESDAY 27 May 2014
United States- Durable Goods/ Capacity Utilization, Case Shiller, Markit Service PMI, Richmond Fed Survey, Conference Board Survey, 2-yr Auction, Fed Minutes
WEDNESDAY 28 May 2014
United States- 5-yr Auction.
THURSDAY 29 May 2014
United States- GDP, Weekly Jobless Claims. Pending Homes Sales
FRIDAY 30 May 2014
United States- University of Michigan survey
||BOC CPI Apr y
||New Home Sales
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland, is a founding partner of Global-View.com, and an author. He has been an FX consultant for a money center. bank, a forex trader for a N.Y. institution, and a FX analyst for a top Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 21 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..