Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Friday May 23, 2014 - 08:46:20 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
German IFO Survey Falls Short of Expectations. Early Close for Some Markets Today
|German IFO Survey Falls Short of Expectations. Early Close for Some Markets Today|
May 23, 2014 10:00 gmt
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
- Markets trading cautiously into Ukraine elections Sunday and a Monday holiday in the U.S. and U.K.
- The yields on prime sovereign debt instruments are narrowly mixed, reflecting the caution in the markets. Yields on the periphery are mostly lower.
- Far East Equity markets ended mostly higher. European bourses are narrowly mixed. U.S. equity futures are slightly higher.
- The U.S. 10--yr was last 21.55% 0bp.
- Late in European trading, markets have been drifting away from a"risk-on" posture to greater neutrality.
- Yields in prime fixed income markets are steady to mixed as equities stabilizw. Yields on bonds on the periphery of the Eurozone have turned higher after falling sharply early.
- Equities mostly rallied in the Far East earlier. European bourses are closing higher. U.S. equies are currently trading higher.
- The U.S. 10-yr is 2.55%, +1bp.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflect yields. This aligns all the colors in the chart to reflect risk-on (green) and risk-off (red)
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: CA- CPI, US- New Homes Sales
Today's focus will be on Canadian CPI data as they could have implications for the central bank's policy bias. U.S. New homes sales data a is usually not a market-mover but will provide more current information about this key industry. The U.S. cannot start generating new jobs on a large scale without housing.
U.S. and UK markets are likely to wind down early Friday ahead of Monday holidays.
The German IFO business climate survey for May was weaker than expected. This survey is always closely followed. It is supportive of expectations for ECB policy ease in June as many expect.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen. .
Five Day Trading Planner
FRIDAY 23 May 2014
- - CPI Seen within the Bank of Canada target range. Such an outcome would dampen speculation for a rate cut.
- - New Homes Sales. Another piece of the housing picture. It is seen improving. This is usually not a market mover.
MONDAY 26 May 2014
UK & U.S
.- - Holidays
TUESDAY 27 May 2014
United States- Durable Goods/ Capacity Utilization, Case Shiller, Markit Service PMI, Richmond Fed Survey, Conference Board Survey, 2-yr Auction, Fed Minutes
WEDNESDAY 28 May 2014
United States- 5-yr Auction.
THURSDAY 29 May 2014
United States- GDP, Weekly Jobless Claims. Pending Homes Sales
FRIDAY 30 May 2014
United States- University of Michigan survey
||BOC CPI Apr y
||New Home Sales
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland, is a founding partner of Global-View.com, and an author. He has been an FX consultant for a money center. bank, a forex trader for a N.Y. institution, and a FX analyst for a top Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 26 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 26 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 15:00 US- New Homes Sales
Tue 27 Feb 2018
A 08:55 DE- Jobless
B 13:30 US- Durable Goods
A 15:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence
A 15:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
AA 15:00 US- Powell House Testimony
Wed 28 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- flash HICP
AA 13:30 US- GDP
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 1 Mar 2018
A All Day final Mfg PMIs
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 13:30 US- Core PCE Deflator
AA 15:00 US- Powell Senate Testimony
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Fri 2 Mar 2018
AA 15:00 US- final Univ of Mich
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.