Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday May 29, 2014 - 19:01:51 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Weak Japanese Retail Sales. Data from U.S. Mixed
|Weak Japanese Retail Sales. Data from U.S. Mixed|
May 30, 2014 00:00 gmt
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
- Late in Europe, yields in prime fixed income markets are mixed on the day. They have not followed the sharp decline in U.S. yields. Some centers were closed for a holiday. Yields on b0bonds on the periphery of the Eurozone are mostly higher.
- Equities mostly fell in the Far East earlier as they followed the Wednesday U.S. lead. European bourses ended mixed. U.S. equities are up.
- The U.S. 10-yr is 2.41%, -4bp.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields. This aligns all the colors in the chart to reflect risk-on (green) and risk-off(red).
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: JP- CPI, DE- Retail Sales, CH- KOF Survey, CA- GDP. US- Personal Income, PCE deflator, Chicago PMI, University of Michigan
- U.S.1Q14 GDP was a disappointment, as it was revised down by more than anticipated. The focus now turns to the current quarter, where a strong rebound is being priced in.. Weekly Jobless Claims improved by more than expected. However, Pending Homes Sales fell short of expectations. That signals upcoming poor Existing Homes data.
- Japanese April Retail Sales fell by a greater than expected after a significant hike in the retail Sales price. We will be monitoring activity in coming months for any lasting impact on the economy.
- The major focus now is the ECB meeting next Thursday. Forward guidance from ECB confirms that some sort of easing by the central bank is in store, but some worry that will be forthcoming from the central bank is a reduction in interest rates. The concern of many is that a slight reduction in near-zero interest rates will only have a psychological impact.
- U.S. data calendar for Thursday is active. See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
Five Day Trading Planner
FRIDAY 30 May 2014
CPI - The BOJ wants to extricate Japan from deflation. Core CPI seem 3.60% (subtract -2.70% for sales tax hike.).
Retail Sales- Key for Germany since its recent economic strength has been consumer-led. Very unusual.
University of Michigan Survey. Closely watched
MONDAY 2 June 2014
Final Markit Mfg PMI- Relatively new PMI .Not fully trusted yet.
ISM MFG PMI- Original Mfg PMI measure. Closely followed.Ben showing strength.
TUESDAY 3 June 2014
Reserve Bank Decision- No Rate change expected. Key event.
WEDNESDAY 4 June 2014
ADP Jobs- Volatile series but tends to influence outlook for NFP.
Markit Service PMI- Trusted even less than their mfg PMI.
ISM Service PMI-Reliable source and closely followed.
Beige Book- Economic report used by Fed for policy discussions.
Bank of Canada Decision. No rate changes seen for now.
THURSDAY 5 June 2014.
Bank of England Decision
European central Bank Policy Decision
||Core CPI Mar
||RetSls m Apr
||KOF Ind May
||GDP mm Apr
||PCE defl y
||Per Inc Mar
||U Mich final
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland, is a founding partner of Global-View.com, and an author. He has been an FX consultant for a money center. bank, a forex trader for a N.Y. institution, and a FX analyst for a top Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 21 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..