Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday June 5, 2014 - 18:48:46 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
May U.S. Jobs Due. ECB Eases Policy as Expected. BOE Steady.
|May U.S. Jobs Due. ECB Eases Policy as Expected. BOE Steady.|
June 6, 2014 00:00 gmt
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
FRIDAY 6 June 2014.
- Yields in European prime fixed income markets have turned mostly lower following the announcement of ECB ease earlier today Yields on bonds on the periphery of the Eurozone are sharply lower as the ECB targeted those economies. U.S. Treasury yields are lower.
- Equities closed mixed in the Far East earlier. European bourses are mixed. U.S. equities are mostly higher at midday.
- The U.S.10-yr is 2.58%, -3bp.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields. This aligns all the colors in the chart to reflect risk-on (green) and risk-off(red).
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: DE- Industrial Output, Trade. CH- CPI, GB- Trade, EZ- PPI. CA-
Employment. US- Employment
- The ECB delivered all that was expected. It cut interest rates with the bank deposit rate at the ECB going negative (0-10%). implemented a Targeted Long-Term Repo Operation (TLTRO), and indicated that the bank was prepared to do Quantitative Ease (QE) if required. The EURUSD fell on the news initially, but the currency pair rebounded as it appeared the market was set-up short for the news. We feel the decision will weigh on the EUR over time, but this market tends to move on its own time schedule.
- The Bank of England kept policy steady as expected today. See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
- The street view on May U.S. employment data are for a gain on the order of 220K in the month. ADP private employment data Wednesday were weaker than forecast. The problem is the ADP report is not a reliable predictor of NFP. Other data from the U.S. are pointing to a strong report.
- See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
Five Day Trading Planner
THURSDAY 5 June 2014.
Bank of England Decision- No policy change expected.
European central Bank Decision- Policy easing priced in.
Jobless Claims- Focus on the 300K level.
Trade- GBP Sensitive to this statistic
Employment - Most important statistic of the month
MONDAY 9 June 2014
No Major Data
TUESDAY 10 June 2014
||Lead Ind Aprp
||Ind Output Apr yy
||Trade Apr eur bn
||CPI mm Apr
||Visible Trade- Apr
||PPI mm Apr
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland, is a founding partner of Global-View.com, and an author. He has been an FX consultant for a money center. bank, a forex trader for a N.Y. institution, and a FX analyst for a top Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 19 June 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 12:30 US- House Permits/Starts
Wed 20 June 2018
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 21 June 2018
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 22 June 2018
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.