Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday June 11, 2014 - 19:00:42 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Calendar picks up Thursday with Key Aussie and U.S. Data Set. U.K. Jobs Data Beat Street
|Calendar picks up Thursday with Key Aussie and U.S. Data Set. U.K. Jobs Data Beat Street|
June 12, 2014 00:00 gmt
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
- Markets have moved into a clear risk-off posture. Note all the red (oil price worries?) late in Europe.
- Yields in European fixed income markets continue to converge. German yields are down while yields on the periphery are mixed. This comes as a result of the targeted ECB policy ease last week.
- U.K. yields are lower in line with the U.S. The U.S. 10-yr is 2.62%, +2bp as equities fall.
- Equities closed mixed in the Far East earlier. Bourses in Europe are lower. U.S. share futures are lower.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields. This aligns all the colors in the chart to reflect risk-on (green) and risk-off(red).
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: NZ- RBNZ Decision. AU- Employment, EZ- Industrial Production. US-
Weekly Jobless, Import Prices, Retail Sales, 30-yr auction
- U.K. jobless data was the highlight of the day, with the latest report coming in stronger than forecast. The GBP has gained on the news. See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
- Thursday's economic calendar features Australian employment data and U.S. Retail Sales. See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they are released.
12 June 2014
- AU- Employment- Key growth measure
- US- Weekly Jobs- Employment stat
- US- Retail Sales- Consumer is king
13 June 2014
- JP- BOJ - No rate change
- US- PPI- Part of the picture
- US- Univ of Mich Survey prelim- Key data
16 June 2014
- EZ- CPI- ECB targets Inflation
- US- TIC Flows- Watched closely by some
- US- Industrial Production- Key cyclical indicator
- GB- CPI, RPIX etc.- BOE targets inflation
- DE- ZEW Survey- key sentiment index
- US- Housing Starts & Permits- Key housing Statistic
- US- CPI- Price metric for Fed
18 June 2014
- GB- BOE Policy Minutes- explanation of last policy decision
- US- Current Account- broadest measure of trade
- US- Fed Decision + Presser- policy outlook key
||Ind Prod mm Apr
||Ind Prod yy
||Imp Prices Feb
||Ret Sales May
||Bus Inv Apr
||Nat Gas bcf
||Ind Out Aprf yy
||Bank of Japan
||U Mich prelim
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland, is a founding partner of Global-View.com, and an author. He has been an FX consultant for a money center. bank, a forex trader for a N.Y. institution, and a FX analyst for a top Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 21 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..