Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday June 12, 2014 - 18:57:29 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Focus on Iraq Instability. Data on Thursday Mostly Disappoints
|Focus on Iraq Instability. Data on Thursday Mostly Disappoints|
June 13, 2014 00:00 gmt
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
- Markets are in an increasingly risk-off posture. A possible disintegration of Iraq is a major worry. U.S. data Thursday were not stellar.
- Yields in prime Eurozone fixed income markets are mostly a touch lower,. while yields on the periphery are higher.
- U.K. yields are steady while U.S. yields have eased. The U.S. 10-yr is 2.62%, -1 bp.
- Equities closed lower in the Far East earlier. Bourses in Europe are closing lower. U.S. share futures are down.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields. This aligns all the colors in the chart to reflect risk-on (green) and risk-off(red).
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: JP- Industrial Output, Bank of Japan, US- PPI, University of Michigan
- U.S. weekly Jobless and the latest Retail Sales data were lackluster. worries continue to mount over Iraq.
- Australian Employment data fell short of expectations in May with net employment falling, rather than increasing as expected, Recent job growth has been disappointing. The AUD was not impacted adversely by the report. See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
- Friday's economic calendar features a Bank of Japan policy Board meeting, US PPI and the preliminary monthly University of Michigan Survey. See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they are released.
13 June 2014
- JP- BOJ - No rate change
- US- PPI- Part of the picture
- US- Univ of Mich Survey prelim- Key data
16 June 2014
- EZ- CPI- ECB targets Inflation
- US- TIC Flows- Watched closely by some
- US- Industrial Production- Key cyclical indicator
- GB- CPI, RPIX etc.- BOE targets inflation
- DE- ZEW Survey- key sentiment index
- US- Housing Starts & Permits- Key housing Statistic
- US- CPI- Price metric for Fed
18 June 2014
- GB- BOE Policy Minutes- latest policy decision
- US- Current Account- broadest measure of trade
- US- Fed Decision + Presser- policy outlook key
19 June 2014
- CH- Swiss National Bank Decision
- UK- Retail Sales- top economic metric
- US- Weekly Jobless- most current read on jobs
20 June 2014
- CA- Retail Sales- dated but key data
- CA- CPI- BOC policy metric
||Ind Out Aprf yy
||Bank of Japan
||U Mich prelim
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland, is a founding partner of Global-View.com, and an author. He has been an FX consultant for a money center. bank, a forex trader for a N.Y. institution, and a FX analyst for a top Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 19 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 19 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
00:00 CN, US- Holiday
Tue 20 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A 10:00 US- ZEW Survey
Wed 21 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A All Day flash PMIs
A 15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 19:00 US- Fed Meeting Minutes
Thu 22 Feb 2018
A 09:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 09:30 GB- GDP
AA 13:30 CA- Retail Sales
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 23 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- Final HICP
AA 13:30 CA- CPI
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.