Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday June 18, 2014 - 19:17:12 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
No Major Fed Policy Changes. BOE Minutes Were in Line; Warn Markets on Policy Complacency
|No Major Fed Policy Changes. BOE Minutes Were in Line; Warn Markets on Policy Complacency|
June 19, 2014 00:00 gmt
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
- Markets ended with a mixed risk posture late in Europe. Political worries persist. All await the Fed.
- Yields in prime Eurozone fixed income markets are now lower. Yields on the periphery are mostly higher.
- U.K. yields are lower. Many see a +25bp BOE rate hike by yearend.
- U.S. yields are easier. The U.S. 10-yr is 2.63%, -2 bp.
- Equities closed mostly lower in the Far East. Bourses in Europe are mixed to lower. U.S. shares are softer.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields. This aligns all the colors in the chart to reflect risk-on (green) and risk-off(red).
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: JP- Industrial Output. CH- SNB Decision, GB- Retail Sales. US- Weekly Jobless, Philly Fed, Lead Indicators
- The Fed decision and was much as expected with the central bank holding its Fed Funds target steady and tapering its asset purchase progranm by another $10bln to $35bln.
- The latest BOE policy minutes were in line with street expectations. It made an interesting .Interesting comment on that market outlook on rates is surprising. This echoes recent comment by Carney. Suggests to me that BOE is worried that markets are too complacent about no policy changes. GBP easier on the news
- See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
- This week's economic calendar. Thursday sees the quarterly SNB policy meeting and UK retail sales data. On Friday, Canadian CPI and retail sales figures are due. See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they are released.
19 June 2014
- CH- Swiss National Bank Decision
- UK- Retail Sales- top economic metric
- US- Weekly Jobless- most current read on jobs
20 June 2014
- CA- Retail Sales- dated but key data
- CA- CPI- BOC policy metric
||Ind Out Mayf yy
||Ret Sls mm
||Ret Sls yy
||Ret Sls x-fuel mm
||Ret Sls X-fuel yy
||CBI Ind Output Trends
||Nat Gas bcf
||BOC CPI Apr y
||Cons Conf Mayp
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland, is a founding partner of Global-View.com, and an author. He has been an FX consultant for a money center. bank, a forex trader for a N.Y. institution, and a FX analyst for a top Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
Mon 15 Oct 2018
AA 12:30 US- Retail Sales
Tue 16 Oct 2018
AA 08:30 GB- Employment
A 09:00 DE- ZEW Survey
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
Wed 17 Oct 2018
AA 08:30 GB- CPI
A 09:00 EZ- Final HICP
A 12:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 18:00 US- Fed Policy Minutes
Thu 18 Oct 2018
A 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 08:30 GB- Retail Sales
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 19 OCt 2018
AA 12:30 CA- CPI/ Retail Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.