Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday June 19, 2014 - 09:05:04 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
U.K. Retail Sales in Line with Estimates. SNB Policy Steady
|U.K. Retail Sales in Line with Estimates. SNB Policy Steady|
June 19, 2014 09:30 gmt
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
- Markets are in a mixed risk posture early in Europe following dovish comments yesterday by fed Chair Yellen. Political worries remain.
- Yields in prime Eurozone fixed income markets lower. Yields on the European periphery are down as well.
- U.K. yields are lower. Many see a +25bp BOE rate hike by yearend.
- U.S. yields are easier. The U.S. 10-yr is 2.59%, -1 bp.
- Equities closed mixed in the Far East. Bourses in Europe are higher. U.S. shares are up slightly.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields. This aligns all the colors in the chart to reflect risk-on (green) and risk-off(red).
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: US- Weekly Jobless, Philly Fed, Lead Indicators
- The Fed decision was much as expected with the central bank holding its Fed Funds target steady and tapering its asset purchase program by another $10bln to $35bln.
- Today has seen bond yield fall in major global bond markets in response to the dovish Fed.
- U.K. May Retail Sales data fell as expected as the effects of the April Easter spending were removed from the data. The yr/yr U.K. data comparisons remain strong.
- The Swiss National Bank Quarterly Policy decision saw no changes as expected. See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
- Economic calendar. Thursday sees several pieces of data from the U.S. On Friday, Canadian CPI and retail sales figures are due. See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they are released.
19 June 2014
- CH- Swiss National Bank Decision
- UK- Retail Sales- top economic metric
- US- Weekly Jobless- most current read on jobs
20 June 2014
- CA- Retail Sales- dated but key data
- CA- CPI- BOC policy metric
23 June 2014
- US- Markit PMI's
- US- Existing Homes Sales- Top Housing metric
||CBI Ind Output Trends
||Nat Gas bcf
||BOC CPI Apr y
||Cons Conf Mayp
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland, is a founding partner of Global-View.com, and an author. He has been an FX consultant for a money center. bank, a forex trader for a N.Y. institution, and a FX analyst for a top Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 21 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..