Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday June 19, 2014 - 19:17:39 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
EUR Short-Covering After Yellen Comments on Wednesday. UK Retail Sales in Line
|EUR Short-Covering After Yellen Comments on Wednesday. UK Retail Sales in Line|
June 19, 2014 09:30 gmt
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
- Markets n the U.S. have moved into a mild risk-off posture at mid-session following unexpected dovish comments yesterday by fed Chair Yellen. Political worries remain.
- Yields in prime Eurozone fixed income markets are lower. Yields on the European periphery are down as well.
- U.K. yields are steady, and with German yields falling, the GBP SHOULD be better bid than it is.. Many see a +25bp BOE rate hike by yearend.
- U.S. yields are a touch easier. The U.S. 10-yr is 2.60%, -1 bp.
- Equities closed mixed in the Far East. Bourses in Europe are closing higher. U.S. shares are softer.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields. This aligns all the colors in the chart to reflect risk-on (green) and risk-off(red).
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: EZ- Consumer Confidence, CA- Retail Sales, CPI
- U.S. Weekly Jobless Claims were dead in line with recent levels and street forecasts Thursday saw bond yields fall in major global bond markets in response to the dovish Fed on Wednesday.
- U.K. May Retail Sales data fell as expected as the effects of the April Easter spending were removed from the data. The yr/yr U.K. data comparisons remain strong.
- The Swiss National Bank Quarterly Policy decision saw no changes as expected. See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
- On Friday, Canadian CPI and retail sales figures are featured. See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they are released.
20 June 2014
- CA- Retail Sales- dated but key data
- CA- CPI- BOC policy metric
23 June 2014
- US- Markit PMI's
- US- Existing Homes Sales- Top Housing metric
24 June 2014
- DE- IFO Survey- top German Sentiment index
- US- Case Shiller Home Price Index- Accurate
- US- New Homes Sales- Housing metric
- US- CB Consumer Confidence- Closely watched
||BOC CPI Apr y
||Cons Conf Mayp
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland, is a founding partner of Global-View.com, and an author. He has been an FX consultant for a money center. bank, a forex trader for a N.Y. institution, and a FX analyst for a top Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 3 Dec 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A All Day Final Mfg PMIs
Tue 4 Dec 2018
A 04:30 AU- Reserve Bank Decision
Wed 5 Dec 2018
A All Day Final SVC PMIs
A 04:30 AU- CPI
A 13:15 US- ADP Jobs
A 13:30 US- Productivity
A 15:00 CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
B 19:00 US- Beige Book
Thu 6 Dec 2018
AA 12:45 EZ- ECB Decision
AA 13:30 US/CA- Trade
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 7 Dec 2018
A 10:00 EZ- GDP
AA 13:30 US/CA- Employment
A 15:00 US- Final Univ of Michigan
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.