Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Friday June 20, 2014 - 09:06:47 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Key Canadian Data Featured at North American Open. Markets are in a Mild Risk-On Posture" target="_blank">
Key Canadian Data Featured at North American Open. Markets are in a Mild Risk-On Posture at www.global-view.com/forex-trading-tools/research/index.html?nid=33439" title="Click to share this post on Twitter" target="_blank">
Key Canadian Data Featured at North American Open. Markets are in a Mild Risk-On Posture&body=Key Canadian Data Featured at North American Open. Markets are in a Mild Risk-On Posture%0D%0A%0D%0A%20http%3A%2F%2Fwww.global-view.com%2Fforex-trading-tools%2Fresearch%2Findex.html">Email
Key Canadian Data Featured at North American Open. Markets are in a Mild Risk-On Posture
|Key Canadian Data Featured at North American Open. Markets are in a Mild Risk-On Posture|
June 20, 2014 09:30 gmt
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
- Markets n the U.S. have moved into a mixed risk-on posture at early in Europe, but there appears to be a lack of strong conventions at this hour heading into the weekend.
- Yields in prime Eurozone fixed income markets are mostly higher Yields on the European periphery are mostly up as well.
- U.K. yields are up, the GBP is better bid.. Most see a +25bp BOE rate hike by yearend.
- U.S. yields are higher. The U.S. 10-yr is 2.63%, +3 bp.
- Equities closed mixed in the Far East. Bourses in Europe are mixed. U.S. shares are steady.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields. This aligns all the colors in the chart to reflect risk-on (green) and risk-off(red).
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: EZ- Consumer Confidence, CA- Retail Sales, CPI
- Canadian CPI and retail sales figures are the major data today..Thursday saw bond yields fall in major global bond markets in response to the dovish Fed on Wednesday.
- European Consumer Confidence data are due later in the session. This release is not as closely followed as other confidence surveys are.
- On Friday, Canadian CPI and retail sales figures are featured. See theFOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they are released.
20 June 2014
- CA- Retail Sales- dated but key data
- CA- CPI- BOC policy metric
23 June 2014
- EZ/DE/FR-PMI's- Most current data
- US- Markit MFG PMI's- Early U.S. data
- US- Existing Homes Sales- Top Housing metric
24 June 2014
- DE- IFO Survey- top German Sentiment index
- US- Case Shiller Home Price Index- Accurate
- US- New Homes Sales- Housing metric
- US- CB Consumer Confidence- Closely watched
25 June 2014
- US- Durable Goods- measure of output
- US- GDP- growth measure
- US- flash Markit SVC PMI- Current data
26 June 2014
- US- Personal Income- PCE Deflator: Fed Inflation target
27 June 2014
- JP- Core CPI- BOJ trying to raise prices
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View
For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland, is a founding partner of Global-View.com, and an author. He has been an FX consultant for a money center. bank, a forex trader for a N.Y. institution, and a FX analyst for a top Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 20 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 20 Nov
14:00 EZ- Draghi Speech
15:00 US- Leading Indicators
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..