Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Saturday June 21, 2014 - 21:01:39 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Monday is June Flash PMI Day. Lots of Data to Digest
|Monday is June Flash PMI Day. Lots of Data to Digest|
June 23, 2014 00:00 gmt
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
- Markets remained in a mixed risk-on posture as of the European close, but there appears to be a lack of strong convictions into the weekend with political uncertainties high.
- Yields in prime Eurozone fixed income markets are closing mostly higher Yields on the European periphery are mostly up as well.
- U.K. yields are up, the GBP is better bid. Most see a +25bp BOE rate hike by yearend. Note that Canadian yields are up following Canadian CPI and Retail Sales data.
- U.S. yields are higher. The U.S. 10-yr is 2.63%, +3 bp.
- Equities closed mixed in the Far East. Bourses in Europe are ending mixed. U.S. shares are higher.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields. This aligns all the colors in the chart to reflect risk-on (green) and risk-off(red).
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: JP- flash PMI, CN- flash HSBC PMI,EZ-, DE-. FR- PMI's, US- Mfg PMI, Existing Homes Sales
- Canadian CPI and retail sales figures Friday were stronger than expected and gave the CAD a a lift. NO changes in Bank of Canada are on the horizon
- European Consumer Confidence data were weaker than forecast.. This release is not as closely followed as other confidence surveys.
- This week sees a slew of economic reports with flash PMI data due on Monday and the German IFO Survey and the Conference Board Sentiment survey slated for Tuesday. Thursday sees an ECB Meeting. U.S. weekly Jobless data and Personal Income data (PCE deflator). On Friday, U.K. GDP and the final June University of Michigan Survey are due..
- See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they are released.
MONDAY 23 June 2014
- EZ/DE/FR-PMI's- Most current data
- US- Markit MFG PMI's- Early U.S. data
- US- Existing Homes Sales- Top Housing metric
24 June 2014
- DE- IFO Survey- top German Sentiment index
- US- Case Shiller Home Price Index- Accurate
- US- New Homes Sales- Housing metric
- US- CB Consumer Confidence- Closely watched
25 June 2014
- US- Durable Goods- measure of output
- US- GDP- growth measure
- US- flash Markit SVC PMI- Current data
26 June 2014
- US- Personal Income PCE Deflator: Fed Inflation target
- US- Weekly Jobless- Current jobs data
27 June 2014
- JP- Core CPI- BOJ trying to raise prices
- GB- Revised GDP- On positive growth path
- US- Univ of Mich Survey- Revised data
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland, is a founding partner of Global-View.com, and an author. He has been an FX consultant for a money center. bank, a forex trader for a N.Y. institution, and a FX analyst for a top Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 10 Sep 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
AA 08:30 GB- GDP, Trade, Output
Tue 11 Sep 2018
AA 08:30 GB- Employment Decision
A 09:00 DE- ZEW Survey
Wed 12 Sep 2018
A 12:30 US- PPI
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
A 18:00 US- Beige Book
Thu 13 Sep 2018
A 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
AA 11:45 EZ- European Central Bank Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 12:30 US- CPI
Fri 14 Sep 2018
A 08:30 GB- GDP
AA 12:30 US- Retail Sales
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
AA 14:00 US- prelim University of Michigan
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.