Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday July 9, 2014 - 19:02:57 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Fed Minutes Add Nothing. News Calendar Picks Up Thursday.
|Fed Minutes Add Nothing. News Calendar Picks Up Thursday.|
July 10, 2014 00:00 gmt
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
Markets have gone from a slight a risk-off to a slight risk-on posture today. Equities sold-off ahead of earnings season that started yesterday. Since then U.S. shares have rebounded. on concerns that stocks might be overpriced. The EURUSD is trying to distance itself above the1.3600 level.
- Yields in prime Eurozone fixed income markets are mostly steady. Yields on the European periphery remain higher. The German 10-yr bund is 1.23%, 0bp.
- The U.K. 10-yr gilt yield is 2.67% +1bp. Odds favor one +25bp BOE short-term rate hike by yearend.
- U.S.10-yr yield is 2.58%, +1 bp.
- Equities closed lower in the Far East. Bourses in Europe are closing mixed. U.S. shares are higher.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields. This aligns all the colors in the chart to reflect risk-on (green) and risk-off(red).
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: AU- Payrolls, CN- Trade, GB- Trade, Bank of England, 30-yr
- The latest FOMC minutes contained no major surprises and added nothing new to the policy debate. Some characterized the minutes as "wishy-washy".. We heard nothing new about changes in the timing of an end to asset purchase program. or a "normalization" of short-term interest rates. YAWN...
- June Chinese CPI were tame and generally in line with expectations increasing +2.30% yr/yr. We see no policy implications from the report.
- EURUSD held the 1.3600 line. Relative economic performance suggests the EURUSD SHOULD trade lower over time, but unusual unidentified demand for the EUR has been providing support.
- Thursday also sees Australian employment data and the July Bank of England policy decision. On Friday Canadian employment data are due.
- See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they are released.
||Bank of England
||QE GBP bn
||Nat Gas bcf
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland, is a founding partner of Global-View.com, and an author. He has been an FX consultant for a money center. bank, a forex trader for a N.Y. institution, and a FX analyst for a top Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 10 Sep 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
AA 08:30 GB- GDP, Trade, Output
Tue 11 Sep 2018
AA 08:30 GB- Employment Decision
A 09:00 DE- ZEW Survey
Wed 12 Sep 2018
A 12:30 US- PPI
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
A 18:00 US- Beige Book
Thu 13 Sep 2018
A 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
AA 11:45 EZ- European Central Bank Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 12:30 US- CPI
Fri 14 Sep 2018
A 08:30 GB- GDP
AA 12:30 US- Retail Sales
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
AA 14:00 US- prelim University of Michigan
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.