Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday July 10, 2014 - 18:31:41 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Portugal Bank Worries Dominate. Data Mixed. Canada Jobs Next
|Portugal Bank Worries Dominate. Data Mixed. Canada Jobs Next|
July 11, 2014 00:00 gmt
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
Markets moved to a risk-off posture on Thursday after problems surfaced in a major Portuguese bank. The issues triggered strong intra-Eurozone flows and gave the USD a flight-to-safety bid. The EURUSD continues has retested the 1.3600 line.
- Yields in prime Eurozone fixed income markets are broadly lower. Yields on the European periphery are higher, especially in Portugal. The German 10-yr bund is 1.21%, -2bp.
- The U.K.10-yr gilt yield is 2.63% -4bp. Odds still favor a +25bp BOE short-term rate hike by yearend.
- U.S.10-yr yield is 2.52%, -6bp.
- Equities closed mixed in the Far East. Bourses in Europe are ending lower. U.S. shares are weaker.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields. This aligns all the colors in the chart to reflect risk-on (green) and risk-off(red).
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: CA- Employment
- On Friday, Canadian employment data are due.
- Weekly Jobless Claims fell in the latest week. but remained above the psychological 300K line. Recently weekly jobless data have been less of a market-moving event.
- The June Chinese Trade surplus narrowed slightly. Total exports fell in the month.
- Australian Employment figures were in line with street estimates. but the markets reacted negatively to some of the underlying weaknesses in the data. The AUD has weakened against the USD.
- See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they are released.
|Weekly Trading Planner|
FRIDAY July 11, 2014
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland, is a founding partner of Global-View.com, and an author. He has been an FX consultant for a money center. bank, a forex trader for a N.Y. institution, and a FX analyst for a top Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 10 Sep 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
AA 08:30 GB- GDP, Trade, Output
Tue 11 Sep 2018
AA 08:30 GB- Employment Decision
A 09:00 DE- ZEW Survey
Wed 12 Sep 2018
A 12:30 US- PPI
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
A 18:00 US- Beige Book
Thu 13 Sep 2018
A 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
AA 11:45 EZ- European Central Bank Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 12:30 US- CPI
Fri 14 Sep 2018
A 08:30 GB- GDP
AA 12:30 US- Retail Sales
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
AA 14:00 US- prelim University of Michigan
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.