Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday July 24, 2014 - 18:36:03 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Flash PMI Data Mostly Better than Expected. U.S. Generally Improves. German IFO Friday
|Flash PMI Data Mostly Better than Expected. U.S. Generally Improves. German IFO Friday|
July 25, 2014 00:00 gmt
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
Late in Europe the focus seems mainly to be on the improving data in a session marked by a heavy calendar of releases. Most of the items beat expectations, but there were several notable misses. As a result markets have moved into a risk-on posture. The EURUSD is currently steady.
- Friday features the closely followed IFO Survey, UK GDP and U.S. Durable Goods data. The U.S. saw mixed data Thursday with weekly Jobless Claims falling decisively below the 300K line. Analysts will want to confirm the data in upcoming reports. The U.S. Markit flash Manufacturing PMI fell modestly from what looked to be a stretched level. New Homes Sales data fell sharply, but the report is not in line with other recent data.
- The Reserve Bank of New Zealand raised rates by +25bp to 3.50% as widely expected but also talked the kiwi down strongly and signaled a pause in policy tightening.
- Today is July flash PMI day. PMIs generally have been positive . The China HSBC PMI was better than expected. Japan remained above the 50 expansion line but slightly missed street estimates.
- Germany saw better than expected PMI data and the EZ improved. French data were mixed. .K? Retail Sales figures for June were weaker than forecast.
- See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they are released.
|Weekly Trading Planner|
DE IFO Climate
US Dur Goods & ex-trans
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland is a founding partner of Global-View.com. He was a FX consultant to major corporations. He has also been a institutional forex trader, FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service and an author. John has an MBA in Finance and a BA in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 26 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 26 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 15:00 US- New Homes Sales
Tue 27 Feb 2018
A 08:55 DE- Jobless
B 13:30 US- Durable Goods
A 15:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence
A 15:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
AA 15:00 US- Powell House Testimony
Wed 28 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- flash HICP
AA 13:30 US- GDP
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 1 Mar 2018
A All Day final Mfg PMIs
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 13:30 US- Core PCE Deflator
AA 15:00 US- Powell Senate Testimony
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Fri 2 Mar 2018
AA 15:00 US- final Univ of Mich
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.