Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday July 24, 2014 - 18:36:03 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Flash PMI Data Mostly Better than Expected. U.S. Generally Improves. German IFO Friday
|Flash PMI Data Mostly Better than Expected. U.S. Generally Improves. German IFO Friday|
July 25, 2014 00:00 gmt
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
Late in Europe the focus seems mainly to be on the improving data in a session marked by a heavy calendar of releases. Most of the items beat expectations, but there were several notable misses. As a result markets have moved into a risk-on posture. The EURUSD is currently steady.
- Friday features the closely followed IFO Survey, UK GDP and U.S. Durable Goods data. The U.S. saw mixed data Thursday with weekly Jobless Claims falling decisively below the 300K line. Analysts will want to confirm the data in upcoming reports. The U.S. Markit flash Manufacturing PMI fell modestly from what looked to be a stretched level. New Homes Sales data fell sharply, but the report is not in line with other recent data.
- The Reserve Bank of New Zealand raised rates by +25bp to 3.50% as widely expected but also talked the kiwi down strongly and signaled a pause in policy tightening.
- Today is July flash PMI day. PMIs generally have been positive . The China HSBC PMI was better than expected. Japan remained above the 50 expansion line but slightly missed street estimates.
- Germany saw better than expected PMI data and the EZ improved. French data were mixed. .K? Retail Sales figures for June were weaker than forecast.
- See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they are released.
|Weekly Trading Planner|
DE IFO Climate
US Dur Goods & ex-trans
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland is a founding partner of Global-View.com. He was a FX consultant to major corporations. He has also been a institutional forex trader, FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service and an author. John has an MBA in Finance and a BA in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 21 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..