Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday July 31, 2014 - 18:51:01 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
U.S. and German Data Mixed. Focus on U.S. Jobs Report on Friday
|U.S. and German Data Mixed. Focus on U.S. Jobs Report on Friday|
August 1, 2014 00:00 gmt
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
Equity markets remain in a mixed risk-off posture following a larger than expected increase in the U.S. Employment Cost Index. There is an increased focus on U.S. wage rates. They could be pivotal in the jobs figures on Friday. EURUSD is trading just below 1.3400.
- Yields in prime Eurozone fixed income markets are steady to higher. Yields on the European periphery are mixed. EZ 10-yr 1.18%, 0bp.
- The U.K.10-yr gilt yield is 2.62% -2bp. A +25bp BOE rate hike is still expected by yearend.
- U.S.10-yr yield is 2.56%, 0bp. The psychological pivot remains 2.50%
- Far East equities closed mixed. Bourses in Europe are ending lower . U.S. shares are weaker.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields. This aligns all the colors in the chart to reflect risk-on (green) and risk-off(red).
HIGH IMPACT NEWS: JP, CN, EZ, GB, US, CA- PMIs, US- NFP, Personal Income
- On Friday, a slew of final PMI reports, month U.S. employment data and the final University of Michigan survey for July are featured.
- U.S. data on Thursday were mixed, but generally supported the notion of a policy tightening earlier rather than later.
- Flash EZ HICP (CPI) the headline data, which the CB targets, was on the low side of expectations. German Employment data were generally as expected and have had no market impact German June Retail Sales data were mixed.
- The July ADP Private Payrolls Survey saw Private payrolls rise only +218K in the month after a +281K increase in June. The data should not have much impact on street estimates for a 235mln increase in NFP in July.
- See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they are released.
||HSBC final PMI
||MFG PMI final
||MFG PMI final
||MFG PMI final
||PCE defl y
||MKT MFG PMI final
||U Mich final
||ISM MFG PMI
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland is a founding partner of Global-View.com. He was a FX consultant to major corporations. He has also been a institutional forex trader, FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service and an author. John has an MBA in Finance and a BA in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 10 Sep 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
AA 08:30 GB- GDP, Trade, Output
Tue 11 Sep 2018
AA 08:30 GB- Employment Decision
A 09:00 DE- ZEW Survey
Wed 12 Sep 2018
A 12:30 US- PPI
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
A 18:00 US- Beige Book
Thu 13 Sep 2018
A 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
AA 11:45 EZ- European Central Bank Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 12:30 US- CPI
Fri 14 Sep 2018
A 08:30 GB- GDP
AA 12:30 US- Retail Sales
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
AA 14:00 US- prelim University of Michigan
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.