Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday August 7, 2014 - 18:36:54 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
ECB and BOE Policy Unchanged. Disappointing German Output and Australia Jobs Figures
|ECB and BOE Policy Unchanged. Disappointing German Output and Australia Jobs Figures|
August 8, 2014 00.00 gmt
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
Markets in Europe remain in a risk-off posture into the European close on worry about developments related to Ukraine. Also President Draghi painted a gloomy picture about the European economy today. Draghi talked down the EUR again .
- Yields in prime Eurozone fixed income markets are lower on weak German production data. Yields on the European periphery are higher. The.EZ 10-yr is 1.07%, -4bp. Test of 1.00% possible?
- The U.K.10-yr gilt yield is 2.50% -2bp. A +25bp BOE rate hike is seen by end-2014.
- U.S.10-yr yield is 2.45%, -1bp. The psychological pivot remains 2.50%
- Far East equities closed mostly lower. Bourses in Europe are moistly lower. U.S. share futures are down modestly.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields. This aligns all the colors in the chart to reflect risk-on (green) and risk-off(red).
HIGH IMPACT NEWS: CN- Trade, JP- BOJ, DE- Trade, GB- Trade, CA- Employment, US- Productivity
- Friday sees trade reports from China, Germany and the U.K. Key July Canadian jobs data are also due.
- The BOE kept policy steady as expected. Its policy rationale is released two weeks following the policy decision announcement.
- The ECB made no policy changes but President Draghi made it clear once again that the ECB would like to see the EUR trade lower.
- Germany saw another soft key production figure. The ECB should be considering closely recent disappointing data closely today.
- Key Australian employment data were weaker than expected and have opened speculation about a Reserve Bank rate cut. the AUDUSD ts weaker.
- See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they are released.
FRIDAY AUGUST 8, 2014
JP Bank of Japan
US Productivity 2Q14p
|Weekly Trading Planner Top Items:|
||Bank of Japan
||Trade eur bn
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland is a founding partner of Global-View.com. He was a FX consultant to major corporations. He has also been a institutional forex trader, FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service and an author. John has an MBA in Finance and a BA in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 January 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 15 Jan 2018
00:00 US- Holiday
Tue 16 Jan 2018
09:00 GB- CPI
20:00 US- Beige Book
Wed 17 Jan 2018
00:30 AU- Employment
02:00 CN- GDP
10:00 EZ- final HICP
14:15 US- Industrial Production
15:00 CA- Bank of Canada Decision
Thu 17 Jan 2018
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
16:00 US- EIA Crude
Fri 18 Jan 2018
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
15:00 US- University of Michigan (prelim) Survey
PROSPECTIVE Trading Opportunities
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Tue -- 09:30 GMT-- GB- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed -- 10:00 GMT-- EZ- Final HICP
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium- Wed --14:15 GMT-- US- Industrial Production
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 15:00 GMT-- CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.