Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday August 7, 2014 - 18:36:54 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
ECB and BOE Policy Unchanged. Disappointing German Output and Australia Jobs Figures
|ECB and BOE Policy Unchanged. Disappointing German Output and Australia Jobs Figures|
August 8, 2014 00.00 gmt
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
Markets in Europe remain in a risk-off posture into the European close on worry about developments related to Ukraine. Also President Draghi painted a gloomy picture about the European economy today. Draghi talked down the EUR again .
- Yields in prime Eurozone fixed income markets are lower on weak German production data. Yields on the European periphery are higher. The.EZ 10-yr is 1.07%, -4bp. Test of 1.00% possible?
- The U.K.10-yr gilt yield is 2.50% -2bp. A +25bp BOE rate hike is seen by end-2014.
- U.S.10-yr yield is 2.45%, -1bp. The psychological pivot remains 2.50%
- Far East equities closed mostly lower. Bourses in Europe are moistly lower. U.S. share futures are down modestly.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields. This aligns all the colors in the chart to reflect risk-on (green) and risk-off(red).
HIGH IMPACT NEWS: CN- Trade, JP- BOJ, DE- Trade, GB- Trade, CA- Employment, US- Productivity
- Friday sees trade reports from China, Germany and the U.K. Key July Canadian jobs data are also due.
- The BOE kept policy steady as expected. Its policy rationale is released two weeks following the policy decision announcement.
- The ECB made no policy changes but President Draghi made it clear once again that the ECB would like to see the EUR trade lower.
- Germany saw another soft key production figure. The ECB should be considering closely recent disappointing data closely today.
- Key Australian employment data were weaker than expected and have opened speculation about a Reserve Bank rate cut. the AUDUSD ts weaker.
- See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they are released.
FRIDAY AUGUST 8, 2014
JP Bank of Japan
US Productivity 2Q14p
|Weekly Trading Planner Top Items:|
||Bank of Japan
||Trade eur bn
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland is a founding partner of Global-View.com. He was a FX consultant to major corporations. He has also been a institutional forex trader, FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service and an author. John has an MBA in Finance and a BA in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 17 July 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
AA 08:30 GB- Employment
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
AA 14:00 US-Powell Testimony
Wed 18 July 2018
AA 08:30 GB- CPI
A 12:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
AA 14:00 US-Powell Testimony
Thu 19 July 2018
AA 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 08:30 GB- Retail Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 20 Jun 2018
A 12:30 CA- CPI/Retail Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.