Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Friday August 15, 2014 - 08:49:50 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Revisions to 2Q14 U.K. GDP Minor. Several Pieces of U.S. Data Awaited
|Revisions to 2Q14 U.K. GDP Minor. Several Pieces of U.S. Data Awaited|
August 15, 2014 09:00 gmt
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
Current Market Conditions:
Early in Europe markets are not sure what to make of developments in Ukraine today. Traders should be taking a cautious posture into the weekend. Markets are.in a mixed risk posture. The EURUSD is below 1.3400 and steady.
- Yields in prime Eurozone fixed income markets are mostly lower. The 10-yr bund is 1.00% -2 bp. The 10-yr 1.00% line remains an obvious benchmark. Peripheral bond yields are mostly lower.
- The U.K.10-yr gilt yield is 2.42% -1bp. The +25bp BOE rate hike has been pushed a quarter later to 1Q15.
- U.S.10-yr yield is 2.40%, -1bp. The psychological pivot remains 2.50%?
- Far East equities closed higher. Bourses in Europe are up. U.S. share futures are up.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields. This aligns all the colors in the chart to reflect risk-on (green) and risk-off(red).
HIGH IMPACT NEWS: US- Empire PMI, PPI, Ind Prod, Univ of Mich, COT
- Today sees, U.S. Industrial Production figures and the preliminary University of Michigan Survey.
- Revisions to 2Q14 U.K. GDP .were minor with the YY reading moved up slightly. These data were solid. GBPUSD is about steady on the day.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar and the Forex Forum for the complete list of key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
Weekly Trading Planner Top Items:
FRIDAY (Times GMT)
08:30 GB GDP
12:30 CA Revised July Employment
13:15 US Ind Prod
13:55 US U Mich prelim
||U Mich prelim
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland is a founding partner of Global-View.com. He was a FX consultant to major corporations. He has also been a institutional forex trader, FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service and an author. John has an MBA in Finance and a BA in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 26 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 26 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 15:00 US- New Homes Sales
Tue 27 Feb 2018
A 08:55 DE- Jobless
B 13:30 US- Durable Goods
A 15:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence
A 15:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
AA 15:00 US- Powell House Testimony
Wed 28 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- flash HICP
AA 13:30 US- GDP
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 1 Mar 2018
A All Day final Mfg PMIs
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 13:30 US- Core PCE Deflator
AA 15:00 US- Powell Senate Testimony
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Fri 2 Mar 2018
AA 15:00 US- final Univ of Mich
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.