Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Sunday August 24, 2014 - 12:43:20 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Yellen Moves to the Center. Draghi Remains Dovish. German IFO Starts the New Week
|Yellen Moves to the Center. Draghi Remains Dovish. German IFO Starts the New Week|
August 25, 2014 00:00 GMT
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
Current Market Conditions:
I had low expectations for the speeches today by Fer Chair Yellen in Jackson Hole. ECB President Draghi will speak later. There is no reason for him to make a new policy declaration at this meeting either. Be careful when the market is sucked in by the media hype. The. EURUSD has been holding below 1.3300.
- Monday is a holiday for London. It also sees the release of the closely-followed German IFO Survey. IFO is an important indicator of the German economy. U.S. New Homes Sales are due as well.
- Speeches by Fed Chair Yellen and ECB President Draghi at the Jackson Hole Symposium in Wyoming did not live up to all the media. Notably, Janet Yellen appeared to move more to the center (less dovish) on policy. As for ECB President Draghi, he continued to talk down the EUR and talk up quantitative Ease (QE) for the.3 Eurozone.
- Tuesday sees U.S. Durable Goods, Case-Shiller Index, Richmond Fed, and the Conference Board Survey. Later there will be a 2-yr auction, Fed Discount Rate vote and weekly API data.
- The key event Wednesday is the 5-yr auction.
- Thursday features German employment data, U.S. Weekly jobless, revised GDP, Pending Homes Sales and a slew of Japanese monthend data.
- On Friday German Retail Sales and flash EZ CPI are key. U.S. Personal Income, the Chicago PMI and final University of Michigan Sentiment are slated.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar and the Forex Forum for the complete list of key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
Weekly Trading Planner Top Items (GMT):
00:00 GB Holiday
08:00 DE IFO Climate Important sentiment survey
14:00 US New Home Sales Key Housing Statistic
12:30 US Durable Goods Orders Industrial Demand
14:00 US CB Consumer Confidence Important sentiment survey
17:00 TRY 2-yr Auction
17:00 TRY 5-yr Auction
00:30 JP CPI BOJ Target
07:55 DE Unemployment Key ECB metric
12:30 US Initial Claims Employment measure
12:30 US GDP 2Q14 preliminary Broadest measure of economy
14:00 US Pending Homes Existing Homes Predictor
17:00 TRY 7-yr Auction
06:00 DE Retail Sales Consumer demand
09:00 EZ flash HICP ECB Target
12:30 CA GDP Broadest measure of economy
12:30 US PCE deflator Fed Target
13:55 US U Mich Survey final Important sentiment survey
||New Home Sales
||Case-Shil 20 yy
||CB Consumer Conf
||WK Mortgage Stats
||EIA Crude mn
||EIA Gasoline mn
||EIA Distillate mn
||EIA Cap Util
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland is a founding partner of Global-View.com. He was a FX consultant to major corporations. He has also been a institutional forex trader, FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service and an author. John has an MBA in Finance and a BA in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 January 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 15 Jan 2018
00:00 US- Holiday
Tue 16 Jan 2018
09:00 GB- CPI
20:00 US- Beige Book
Wed 17 Jan 2018
00:30 AU- Employment
02:00 CN- GDP
10:00 EZ- final HICP
14:15 US- Industrial Production
15:00 CA- Bank of Canada Decision
Thu 17 Jan 2018
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
16:00 US- EIA Crude
Fri 18 Jan 2018
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
15:00 US- University of Michigan (prelim) Survey
PROSPECTIVE Trading Opportunities
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Tue -- 09:30 GMT-- GB- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed -- 10:00 GMT-- EZ- Final HICP
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium- Wed --14:15 GMT-- US- Industrial Production
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 15:00 GMT-- CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.