Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday August 28, 2014 - 08:50:40 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
German August Unemployment data Weaker than Expected. Focus on EZ Flash HICP Friday
|German August Unemployment data Weaker than Expected. Focus on EZ Flash HICP Friday|
August 28, 2014 09:00 GMT
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
Current Market Conditions:
European markets appear to be in a cautious end of month RISK-OFF posture. German employment data released a short while ago were a disappointment's, but are unlikely to impact the ECB policy decision in a week's time. EURUSD.is holding below the1.3200 line.
- Today sees U.S. Weekly jobless, revised GDP, and Pending Homes Sales
- A key focus of trade is the upcoming ECB decision in one week's Reuters reported Wednesday that ECB sources say that no new ECB action is likely at this meeting. They said the flash August EZ CPI report Friday could be decisive
- August German employment data were another disappointment. Both the headline figure and revisions were weak. EURUSD saw buying on dip trading ahead of the weekend.
- Friday sees a slew of Japanese monthend data, German Retail Sales and the flash EZ CPI. The U.S. releases Personal Income, the Chicago PMI and final University of Michigan Sentiment.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar and the Forex Forum for the complete list of key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
Weekly Trading Planner Top Items (GMT):
07:55 DE Unemployment Key ECB metric
12:30 US Initial Claims Employment measure
12:30 US GDP 2Q14 preliminary Broadest measure of economy
14:00 US Pending Homes Existing Homes Predictor
17:00 TRY 7-yr Auction
00:30 JP CPI BOJ Target
06:00 DE Retail Sales Consumer demand
09:00 EZ flash HICP ECB Target
12:30 CA GDP Broadest measure of economy
12:30 US PCE deflator Fed Target
13:55 US U Mich Survey final Important sentiment survey
||CBI Dist Trades
||GDP 2Q14 prelim
||Nat Gas bcf
||Ind Out p yy
||Retail Sales yy
||Ret Sales mo
||Ret Sales yr
||FL HICP yy
||FL HICP core yy
||PCE defl y
||U Mich final
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland is a founding partner of Global-View.com. He was a FX consultant to major corporations. He has also been a institutional forex trader, FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service and an author. John has an MBA in Finance and a BA in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 January 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 15 Jan 2018
00:00 US- Holiday
Tue 16 Jan 2018
09:00 GB- CPI
20:00 US- Beige Book
Wed 17 Jan 2018
00:30 AU- Employment
02:00 CN- GDP
10:00 EZ- final HICP
14:15 US- Industrial Production
15:00 CA- Bank of Canada Decision
Thu 17 Jan 2018
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
16:00 US- EIA Crude
Fri 18 Jan 2018
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
15:00 US- University of Michigan (prelim) Survey
PROSPECTIVE Trading Opportunities
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Tue -- 09:30 GMT-- GB- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed -- 10:00 GMT-- EZ- Final HICP
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium- Wed --14:15 GMT-- US- Industrial Production
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 15:00 GMT-- CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.