Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday August 28, 2014 - 18:41:07 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
German August Unemployment data Weaker than Expected. Focus on EZ Flash HICP Friday
|German August Unemployment data Weaker than Expected. Focus on EZ Flash HICP Friday|
August 29, 2014 00:00 GMT
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
Current Market Conditions:
European markets late have been knocked around by first what appeared to be short-covering before a slew of headlines from Ukraine sent the EURUSD lower. German employment data early fell short but are unlikely to impact Thursday's ECB decision
- Yields in prime Eurozone fixed income markets are lower.on a flight-to-quality and a dovish ECB view. The 10-yr bund is 0.885% -2.5bp. Peripheral bond yields are mixed.
- The U.K. 10-yr gilt yield is 2.370% 0.0bp. I expect a +25bp BOE rate hike in February 2015, subject to future data.
- U.S.10-yr yield is 2.334%, -2.5bp.. The psychological pivot is 2.40%.
- Far East equities closed lower. Bourses in Europe are ending down. U.S. shares are down.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields. This aligns all the colors in the chart to reflect risk-on (green) and risk-off(red).
HIGH IMPACT NEWS:JA- CPI, Retail Sales, DE- Retail Sales, EZ- flash HICP US- Personal Income & PCE Deflator, Chicago PMI, University of Michigan Survey
- Friday sees a slew of Japanese monthend data, German Retail Sales and the flash EZ CPI.
- The U.S. releases Personal Income, the Chicago PMI and final University of Michigan Sentiment. A key focus is the upcoming ECB decision next Thursday..There was a report that that no new ECB action is likely. The flash EZ CPI report may be decisive. Some U.S. markets close early on Friday
- August German employment data were another disappointment. Both the headline figure and revisions were weak. EURUSD saw buying on dip trading ahead of the weekend.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar and the Forex Forum for the complete list of key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
Weekly Trading Planner Top Items (GMT):
00:30 JP CPI BOJ Target
06:00 DE Retail Sales Consumer demand
09:00 EZ flash HICP ECB Target
12:30 CA GDP Broadest measure of economy
12:30 US PCE deflator Fed Target
13:55 US U Mich Survey final Important sentiment survey
17:00 US Some. markets close early for Labor Day
||Ind Out p yy
||Retail Sales yy
||Ret Sales mo
||Ret Sales yr
||FL HICP yy
||FL HICP core yy
||PCE defl y
||U Mich final
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland is a founding partner of Global-View.com. He was a FX consultant to major corporations. He has also been a institutional forex trader, FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service and an author. John has an MBA in Finance and a BA in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 January 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 15 Jan 2018
00:00 US- Holiday
Tue 16 Jan 2018
09:00 GB- CPI
20:00 US- Beige Book
Wed 17 Jan 2018
00:30 AU- Employment
02:00 CN- GDP
10:00 EZ- final HICP
14:15 US- Industrial Production
15:00 CA- Bank of Canada Decision
Thu 17 Jan 2018
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
16:00 US- EIA Crude
Fri 18 Jan 2018
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
15:00 US- University of Michigan (prelim) Survey
PROSPECTIVE Trading Opportunities
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Tue -- 09:30 GMT-- GB- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed -- 10:00 GMT-- EZ- Final HICP
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium- Wed --14:15 GMT-- US- Industrial Production
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 15:00 GMT-- CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.