Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Saturday August 30, 2014 - 18:42:48 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
ECB Decision This Week Key Event. Monthly U.S. Monthly Jobs Data on Friday
|ECB Decision This Week Key Event. Monthly U.S. Monthly Jobs Data on Friday|
September 1, 2014 00:00 GMT
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
Current Market Conditions:
European markets saw no impact from the as expected are August EZ HICP report. I am not expecting much from the ECB meeting next Thursday after the HICP data The EURUSD is ending soft in Europe..
- Yields in prime Eurozone fixed income markets are mixed. The 10-yr bund is 0.886% +0.60bp. Peripheral bond yields are mixed.
- The U.K. 10-yr gilt yield is 2.360% -1.0bp. I see a +25bp BOE rate hike in February 2015, subject to future data.
- U.S.10-yr yield is 2.336%, +0.2bp.. The psychological pivot is 2.40%.
- Far East equities closed mostly higher. Bourses in Europe are ending mostly up. U.S. shares are higher.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields. This aligns all the colors in the chart to reflect risk-on (green) and risk-off(red).
HIGH IMPACT NEWS: AU, CN, JA- PMIs, CH, EZ, GB- PMIs, US/CA- Holiday
- A key focus this week isl the upcoming ECB decision next Thursday.There have been reports that that no new ECB action is likely. Some U.S. markets close early today
- EZ flash August HICP data came in line with expectations but might not have been soft enough to force immediate easing action from the ECB this Thursday.
- July German Retail Sales were yet another disappointment for the dominant economy in the Eurozone coming in once again weaker than expected.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar and the Forex Forum for the complete list of key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
Weekly Trading Planner Top Items (GMT):MONDAY
00:00 US/CA HOLIDAY
00:13 JP Final PMI PMI closely-watched indicator
01:00 CN NBS PMI PMI closely-watched indicator
01:30 AU Mfg PMI PMI closely-watched indicator
01:45 CN HSBC final PMI PMI closely-watched indicator
07:30 CH PMI PMI closely-watched indicator
07:55 DE MFG PMI final PMI closely-watched indicator
07:58 EZ MFG PMI final PMI closely-watched indicator
08:28 GB MFG PMI PMI closely-watched indicator
03:30 AU Australia Reserve Bank No rate change seen
13:30 CA RBC-Markit PMI PMI closely-watched indicator
13:45 US MKT MFG PMI final PMI closely-watched indicator
14:00 US ISM MFG PMI PMI closely-watched indicator
01:30 AU GDP Broadest growth measure
07:55 DE SVC PMI final PMI closely-watched indicator
07:58 EZ SVC PMI final PMI closely-watched indicator
08:28 GB SVC PMI PMI closely-watched indicator
14:00 CA BOC Rates No rate change seen
14:00 FRB Beige Book Same data Fed gets
14:00 US Factory Orders Measure of manufacturing
01:30 AU Retail Sales Key economic metric
01:30 AU Trade A$bln Important for growth
04:30 JP Bank of Japan No rate change seen
11:00 GB Bank of England No rate change seen
11:45 EZ Europe Cntl Bank No rate chg, other ease possible
12:15 US ADP Jobs Predictor of NFP
12:30 CA Trade Important for growth
12:30 US Initial Claims Key jobs metric
12:30 US Trade Broadest growth measure
12:30 US Productivity 2Q14p Important for growth
13:45 US Markit SVC PMI final PMI closely-watched indicator
14:00 US ISM SVC PMI PMI closely-watched indicator
09:00 EZ GDP Broadest growth measure
12:30 CA Payrolls Key economic metric
12:30 US Payrolls Broadest growth measure
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland is a founding partner of Global-View.com. He was a FX consultant to major corporations. He has also been a institutional forex trader, FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service and an author. John has an MBA in Finance and a BA in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 21 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..