Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday September 11, 2014 - 18:39:54 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
RISK MIXED: U.S. Weekly Jobless Soft. Aussie Jobs Data Show Outsized Gain
|RISK MIXED: U.S. Weekly Jobless Soft. Aussie Jobs Data Show Outsized Gain|
September 12, 2014 00:00 GMT
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
Current Market Conditions:
Key markets are in a mixed RISK posture heading into the close of European trade Thursday. Concerns persist that the Fed will be taking a less dovish posture at its meeting next Thursday and that is weighing on stocks. The Scotland referendum vote is also next week.
- Friday features U.S. retail Sales figures and the University of Michigan Survey.
- The Scottish Daily Record Scotland independence poll put the pro-independence vote at 47%, and the no vote at 53% (excluding undecided). However, there was a clear move in the direction of a YES vote in this survey..
- Weekly U.S. Jobless Claims rose in the latest week. VERY PRELIMINARILY we feel there might be some softness developing in the employment market..
- August Australia Jobs data saw an unexpected surge fueled by part-t-me jobs growth.The data are unsustainable. Aussie jobs statistics can be volatile..
- There is talk the FOMC might drop its "extended time period" from its policy statement next week. That signal a move the timing of the first rate hike to early 2015. Rate hikes are likely to be gradual.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar and the Forex Forum for the complete list of key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
Weekly Trading Planner Top Items (GMT):
05:30 JP Ind Out Japanese Production
12:30 US Retail Sales Consumer is King
13:55 US U Mich prelim Consumer Sentiment
||Ind Prod mm
||Ind Prod yy
||U Mich prelim
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland is a founding partner of Global-View.com. He was a FX consultant to major corporations. He has also been a institutional forex trader, FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service and an author. John has an MBA in Finance and a BA in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 21 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..