Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday September 18, 2014 - 09:17:30 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
RISK-ON: Post-FOMC. Scotland Referendum Watch
|RISK-ON: Post-FOMC. Scotland Referendum Watch|
September 18, 2014 09:30 GMT
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
Current Market Conditions:
Markets have moved into a RISK-ON posture following a mixed message from Fed Chair Yellen yesterday. She seemed to signal a dovish posture in the short run, but opened up the risk of a more aggressive policy tightening later. Today we are on Scotland watch.
- Today sees the Scottish Independence Referendum.vote Results will be known by early Friday in Scotland. Opinion polls favor a vote against independence by a narrow margin.Dara due today include:U.S.weekly Jobless data , Housing Starts and the Philly Fed Survey.
- U.K. retail Sales data released today were roughly in line with street estimates.
- The Swiss National Bank kept policy steady as expected. The SNB maintained its minimum exchange rate of EURCHF 1.20 and target range for 3-mo Libor unchanged at 0.0–0.25%
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar and the Forex Forum for the complete list of key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
- The major Item on Friday is Canadian CPI data. Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar and the Forex Forum for the complete list of key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
Weekly Trading Planner Top Items (GMT):THURSDAY
7:30 CH SNB Swiss Monetary policy decision
8:30 GB Ret Sls U.K. consumer demand mm
12:30 US Initial Claims weekly U.S. jobs data
12:30 US House Starts key housing statistic
12:45 FRB academic speech
14:00 US Philly Fed regional sentiment survey
12:30 CA CPI top BOC policy target
||CBI Ind Output Trends
||Nat Gas bcf
||BOC CPI Apr y
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland is a founding partner of Global-View.com. He was a FX consultant to major corporations. He has also been a institutional forex trader, FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service and an author. John has an MBA in Finance and a BA in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 19 June 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 12:30 US- House Permits/Starts
Wed 20 June 2018
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 21 June 2018
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 22 June 2018
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.