Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday September 24, 2014 - 18:34:30 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
MIXED RISK: Weak German IFO Survey Sets The Stage For Large EURUSD Decline
|MIXED RISK: Weak German IFO Survey Sets The Stage For Large EURUSD Decline|
September 25, 2014 00:00 GMT
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
Current Market Conditions:
Markets remain in a MIXED RISK posture into the European close. The September Ifo Survey was weaker than expected.. Even the usually optimistic Ifo economists turned gloomy on the data. Perhaps German opposition to ECB ease will soften? EURUSD traded sharply weaker with a lag following the report..
- Yields in prime Eurozone fixed income markets are easier. The 10-yr bund is 1.007%, -1.10% bp. Peripheral bond yields are lower, except in Greece.
- The U.K.10-yr gilt yield is 2.478% -0.7.1bp. BOE Gov Carney has signaled a Spring 2015 rate hike.
- U.S.10-yr yield is 2.540%, +0.51bp.The Psychological focus is now 2.60%.
- Far East equities closed mixed . Bourses in Europe are closing higher. U.S. shares are higher.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields. This aligns all the colors in the chart to reflect risk-on (green) and risk-off(red).
HIGH IMPACT NEWS: JP- CPI, US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods, flash Markit Service PMI, 7-yr
- Thursday sees a number of U.S. data releases including weekly Jobless Claims, Durable Goods orders and the flash Markit U,S. Service PMI.
- U.S, New Homes Sales for August were significantly stronger than expected, but were out of line with other recent data.
- The key German IFO Survey was even weaker than expected, Even the usually positive Ifo economists were gloomy.
- The flash September Japanese PMI report fell from August
- On Friday, U.S. GDP and the final University of Michigan Survey are due. Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar and the Forex Forum for the complete list of key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
Weekly Trading Planner Top Items (GMT):
12:30 US Initial Claims correction seen
12:30 US Dur Goods correction expected
13:45 US Markit SVC PMI flash Economic Sentiment Survey
00:30 JP CPI seen steady
12:30 US GDP 2Q14 Revised data
13:55 US U Mich final Economic Sentiment seen flat
||Markit SVC PMI flash
||Nat Gas bcf
||U Mich final
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland is a founding partner of Global-View.com. He was a FX consultant to major corporations. He has also been a institutional forex trader, FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service and an author. John has an MBA in Finance and a BA in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 19 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 19 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
00:00 CN, US- Holiday
Tue 20 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A 10:00 US- ZEW Survey
Wed 21 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A All Day flash PMIs
A 15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 19:00 US- Fed Meeting Minutes
Thu 22 Feb 2018
A 09:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 09:30 GB- GDP
AA 13:30 CA- Retail Sales
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 23 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- Final HICP
AA 13:30 CA- CPI
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.