Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday October 1, 2014 - 18:24:42 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
ECB Decision Due. Eurozone Final PMIs Soft. U.K. Mfg PMI Weak. PMIs Elsewhere Lackluster
|ECB Decision Due. Eurozone Final PMIs Soft. U.K. Mfg PMI Weak. PMIs Elsewhere Lackluster|
October 2, 2014 0:00 GMT
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
Current Market Conditions:
Markets have moved from an early MIXED RISK posture to a RISK-OFF positioning. I am seeing prime bond yields falling as equities sell-off As of the European close U.S. shares are trying to stabilize. The EURUSD has been trading lower on the day.
- Yields in prime Eurozone fixed income markets are sharply lower. The 10-yr bund is 0.906%, -4.3% bp. Peripheral bond yields are lower.
- The U.K.10-yr gilt yield is 2.368% -5.9 bp. BOE Gov Carney has continued to signal a Spring 2015 rate hike.
- U.S.10-yr yield is 2.429%, -7.7bp.The Psychological focus remains on 2.50%.
- Far East equities were mixed. China was closed for a holiday. Bourses in Europe are closing lower. U.S. shares futures are lower..
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields. This aligns all the colors in the chart to reflect risk-on (green) and risk-off(red).
HIGH IMPACT NEWS: AU- Trade, GB- Construction PMI, EZ- ECB, US- Weekly Jobs, Factory Orders
- Thursday sees the latest ECB Po;icy decision. No major changes in policy are expected. The surprise outcome would be a strong easing of policy.
- ADP Private Payroll data showed a gain of +213K in August vs. +202K in July. The data should have no impact on street expectations for a gain in non-farm payrolls of about that figure on Friday.
- Eurozone final manufacturing PMIs remained mostly soft . German production has moved into contraction. Swiss PMI remained soft.
- The U.K. Manufacturing PMI continued its strong negative divergence with the service sector.
- The Japanese Tankan Survey gained modestly to 13 from 12. The Japanese final Manufacturing PMI was flat while Chinese data were steady. The Australian PMI fell further.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar and the Forex Forum for the complete list of key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released. .
- On Friday, a slew of Service PMIs are set for release along with the September U.S jobs report.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar and the Forex Forum for the complete list of key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
Weekly Trading Planner Top Items (GMT):
01:30 AU Trade Important Trade measure
08:28 GB Construction PMI Closely-followed production index
11:45 EZ Europe Cntl Bank More ease to be signaled?
12:30 US Initial Claims +300 expected
14:00 US Factory Orders Future production predictor
07:55 DE SVC PMI final Key Service Sector index
07:58 EZ SVC PMI final Key Service Sector index
08:28 GB SVC PMI Key Service Sector index
12:30 CA Trade External sector measure
12:30 US Payrolls Major Fed Target
12:30 US Trade Impacts GDP calculation
13:45 US Markit SVC PM Key Service Sector index
14:00 US ISM SVC PMI Key Service Sector index
||Europe Cntl Bank
||Nat Gas bcf
||SVC PMI final
||SVC PMI final
||SVC PMI final
||Retail Sls mm
||Retail Sls yy
||Markit SVC PMI
||ISM SVC PMI
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland is a founding partner of Global-View.com. He was a FX consultant to major corporations. He has also been a institutional forex trader, FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service and an author. John has an MBA in Finance and a BA in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 17 July 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
AA 08:30 GB- Employment
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
AA 14:00 US-Powell Testimony
Wed 18 July 2018
AA 08:30 GB- CPI
A 12:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
AA 14:00 US-Powell Testimony
Thu 19 July 2018
AA 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 08:30 GB- Retail Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 20 Jun 2018
A 12:30 CA- CPI/Retail Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.