Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday October 9, 2014 - 09:54:00 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Tentative RISK-ON Trade Heading Into U.S. Economic Calendar Has Picked Up
|Tentative RISK-ON Trade Heading Into U.S. Economic Calendar Has Picked Up|
October 9, 2014 09:45 GMT
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
09:30 GMT- Current Market Conditions:
Early in Europe, markets are in a mixed RISK-ON posture heading into the U.S. session. Our focus again is on equity markets following the trend reversal yesterday afternoon following the much more dovish than expected Fed Minutes The EURUSD is holding above 1.2700. A higher EURUSD is usually RISK-OFF, so something has got to give.
- The tone of the Fed's latest meeting Minutes was more dovish than the markets were expecting and turned the tone of stock market2. Equities spiked higher on the release.
- Australia employment data saw an outsized gain in jobs in August revised out and then the remaining advance negated by a September fall.
- Today sees the latest Bank of England policy decision and weekly U.S. jobless claims.
- The EURUSD recently has developed into s RISK-OFF play. When stocks fall the EURUSD tends to rally.
- On Friday, U.K. trade and Canadian employment data will be the featured releases.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar and the Forex Forum for the complete list of key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
Weekly Trading Planner Top Items (GMT):
00:50 A JP BOJ Minutes
01:30 A AU Employment major economic metric
11:00 A GB Bank of England no rate change
12:30 A US Initial Claims near frictional lows
17:00 TRY 30-yr
08:30 A GB Trade key industrial measure
12:30 A CA Employment key economic metric
||Bank of England
||QE GBP bn
||Nat Gas bcf
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland is a founding partner of Global-View.com. He was a FX consultant to major corporations. He has also been a institutional forex trader, FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service and an author. John has an MBA in Finance and a BA in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 January 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 15 Jan 2018
00:00 US- Holiday
Tue 16 Jan 2018
09:00 GB- CPI
20:00 US- Beige Book
Wed 17 Jan 2018
00:30 AU- Employment
02:00 CN- GDP
10:00 EZ- final HICP
14:15 US- Industrial Production
15:00 CA- Bank of Canada Decision
Thu 17 Jan 2018
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
16:00 US- EIA Crude
Fri 18 Jan 2018
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
15:00 US- University of Michigan (prelim) Survey
PROSPECTIVE Trading Opportunities
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Tue -- 09:30 GMT-- GB- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed -- 10:00 GMT-- EZ- Final HICP
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium- Wed --14:15 GMT-- US- Industrial Production
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 15:00 GMT-- CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.