Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday October 16, 2014 - 17:51:45 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
RISK-OFF: Markets Remain Jumpy Into Weekend. Key Focus Stock and Fixed Income Trade
|RISK-OFF: Markets Remain Jumpy Into Weekend. Key Focus Stock and Fixed Income Trade|
October 17, 2014 00:00 GMT
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
16:15 GMT- Current Market Conditions:
As of the European close, markets were moving into a MIXED RISK OFF posture as traders waited to see if equities were in the process of finding a bottom. Most are cautious. Far East equities closed lower today. Bourses in Europe ended mostly weaker. U.S. shares are now mixed, but confidence remains shaky.
In overseas activity, trade in the U.S. 10-yr remains volatile, but most of the decline in yields since early Wednesday erased. 10-yr yields in the bund and gilts have rebounded as well.. The sharp spike higher in Greek yields this week has not gotten much play, but has been worth watching.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields.
HIGH IMPACT NEWS: CA- CPI, US- Yellen, Housing Starts & Permits, University of Michigan (preliminary)
- On Friday, the focus is on North America with Canadian CPI data in the spotlight. The U.S. features Housing Starts/Permits data and the preliminary October University of Michigan survey.
- U.S, weekly Jobless Claims and Industrial Production data, and the Philly Fed Survey were better than expected. The NAHB index was a miss. Crude Oil inventories confirmed the surge in API inventories released on Wednesday. .Falling oil prices have been a key financial market influence this week.
- Final EZ headline HICP for September was unrevised from its flash estimate. Core y/y HICP was revised slightly higher.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar and the Forex Forum for the complete list of key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
Weekly Trading Planner Top Items (GMT):THURSDAY
09:00 EZ HICP Final data. Flash was soft
12:30 US Initial Claims Bouncing along the bottom
13:15 US Ind Prod & Cap Util Growth seen
14:00 US Philly Fed Regional PMI seen better
20:00 US TIC Data Measure of Capital flows (new time)
12:30 CA BOC CPI BOC targets Inflation
12:30 FRB Yellen Boston
12:30 US House Starts & Permits Key housing measures
13:55 US U Mich prelim Consumer sentiment measure
||TIC Net Flows $b
||TIC L-T Flows Mar
||BOC CPI y
||U Mich prelim
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland is a founding partner of Global-View.com. He was a FX consultant to major corporations. He has also been a institutional forex trader, FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service and an author. John has an MBA in Finance and a BA in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 21 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..