Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday October 22, 2014 - 18:34:49 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
MIXED RISK. Canadian Terrorist Attack Puts Markets on Pause. PMI Flash Data Thursday
|MIXED RISK. Canadian Terrorist Attack Puts Markets on Pause. PMI Flash Data Thursday|
October 23, 2014 00:00 GMT
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
15:30 GMT- Current Market Conditions:
Late in European trade, markets are in MIXED RISK posture heading into a more active data period and ECB bank stress test results Sunday. Equities in Far East trade ended mostly higher. European bourses are closing mixed. U.S. share futures are up lower. The TSE is down at this hour while the outcome of a terrorist incident in Ottawa is unknown.
U.S. 10-yr yields are up. 10-yr yields in bunds are steady. In gilts they are up. Peripheral bond yields are lower, Volatile Greek yields are down sharply.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields.
HIGH IMPACT NEWS: NZ- CPI, JP- flash PMI, CN- HSBC PMI, EZ- flash PMIs, Consumer Confidence, GB- Retail Sales, US- Weekly Jobless, flash PMI. LEI
- Early Thursday NZ quarterly CPI data are out. The session also sees a slew of flash PMI data, Weekly U.S. Jobless Claims and Eurozone Consumer Confidence
- U.S. CPI for September were a touch hotter than expected and have no impact on Fed policy.
- The apparent terrorist attack in Toronto brought trading to a near standstill as details of the event took a while to filter out. Canadian Retail Sales fell short of expect ions. The Bank of Canada kept policy unchanged, but the tea leaf readers saw a mildly more hawkish posture.
- Markets are already starting to set up for the Fed meeting in a week's time. This is an important period for confidence in the financial markets.
- Additionally markets have been setting up for the results of the ECB stress tests set for release on Sunday October 26. One unsourced press report says at least 11 of 130 banks have failed.
- Friday sees U.K. GDP, and U.S. New Homes Sales, Over the weekend, European clocks are turned back.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar and the Forex Forum for the complete list of key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
Weekly Trading Planner Top Items (GMT):23:45 NZ 3Q CPI RBNZ-- targets inflation
01:45 CN HSBC flash PM-- universal economic survey
07:28 DE MFG PMI flash-- universal economic survey
07:28 DE SVC PMI flash -- universal economic survey
07:58 EZ flash MFG PMI -- universal economic survey
07:58 EZ flash SVC PMI -- universal economic survey
08:30 GB Ret Sls --key demand measures
12:30 US Initial Claims--freshest jobs data
13:45 US Mfg MKt PMI flash-- universal economic survey
08:30 GB GDP-- broadest measure of economy
14:00 US New Homes Sales-- housing measure
||3Q CPI qq
||3Q CPI yy
||HSBC flash PMI
||MFG PMI flash
||SVC PMI flash
||MFG PMI flash
||SVC PMI flash
||flash MFG PMI
||flash SVC PMI
||Ret Sls mm
||Ret Sls yy
||CBI Ind Output Trends
||Mfg MKt PMI flash
||Cons Conf prelim
||Nat Gas bcf
||New Homes Sales
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland is a founding partner of Global-View.com. He was a FX consultant to major corporations. He has also been a institutional forex trader, FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service and an author. John has an MBA in Finance and a BA in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 21 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..