Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday October 22, 2014 - 18:34:49 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
MIXED RISK. Canadian Terrorist Attack Puts Markets on Pause. PMI Flash Data Thursday
|MIXED RISK. Canadian Terrorist Attack Puts Markets on Pause. PMI Flash Data Thursday|
October 23, 2014 00:00 GMT
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
15:30 GMT- Current Market Conditions:
Late in European trade, markets are in MIXED RISK posture heading into a more active data period and ECB bank stress test results Sunday. Equities in Far East trade ended mostly higher. European bourses are closing mixed. U.S. share futures are up lower. The TSE is down at this hour while the outcome of a terrorist incident in Ottawa is unknown.
U.S. 10-yr yields are up. 10-yr yields in bunds are steady. In gilts they are up. Peripheral bond yields are lower, Volatile Greek yields are down sharply.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields.
HIGH IMPACT NEWS: NZ- CPI, JP- flash PMI, CN- HSBC PMI, EZ- flash PMIs, Consumer Confidence, GB- Retail Sales, US- Weekly Jobless, flash PMI. LEI
- Early Thursday NZ quarterly CPI data are out. The session also sees a slew of flash PMI data, Weekly U.S. Jobless Claims and Eurozone Consumer Confidence
- U.S. CPI for September were a touch hotter than expected and have no impact on Fed policy.
- The apparent terrorist attack in Toronto brought trading to a near standstill as details of the event took a while to filter out. Canadian Retail Sales fell short of expect ions. The Bank of Canada kept policy unchanged, but the tea leaf readers saw a mildly more hawkish posture.
- Markets are already starting to set up for the Fed meeting in a week's time. This is an important period for confidence in the financial markets.
- Additionally markets have been setting up for the results of the ECB stress tests set for release on Sunday October 26. One unsourced press report says at least 11 of 130 banks have failed.
- Friday sees U.K. GDP, and U.S. New Homes Sales, Over the weekend, European clocks are turned back.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar and the Forex Forum for the complete list of key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
Weekly Trading Planner Top Items (GMT):23:45 NZ 3Q CPI RBNZ-- targets inflation
01:45 CN HSBC flash PM-- universal economic survey
07:28 DE MFG PMI flash-- universal economic survey
07:28 DE SVC PMI flash -- universal economic survey
07:58 EZ flash MFG PMI -- universal economic survey
07:58 EZ flash SVC PMI -- universal economic survey
08:30 GB Ret Sls --key demand measures
12:30 US Initial Claims--freshest jobs data
13:45 US Mfg MKt PMI flash-- universal economic survey
08:30 GB GDP-- broadest measure of economy
14:00 US New Homes Sales-- housing measure
||3Q CPI qq
||3Q CPI yy
||HSBC flash PMI
||MFG PMI flash
||SVC PMI flash
||MFG PMI flash
||SVC PMI flash
||flash MFG PMI
||flash SVC PMI
||Ret Sls mm
||Ret Sls yy
||CBI Ind Output Trends
||Mfg MKt PMI flash
||Cons Conf prelim
||Nat Gas bcf
||New Homes Sales
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland is a founding partner of Global-View.com. He was a FX consultant to major corporations. He has also been a institutional forex trader, FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service and an author. John has an MBA in Finance and a BA in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 16 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Fri 16 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
00:00 CN- Holiday
AA 09:30 GB- Retail Sales
A 13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
A 15:00 US- University of Michigan
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.