Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Sunday October 26, 2014 - 12:14:06 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
No Major Surprises in European Bank Stress Tests. Early Monday Sees German IFO Survey
|No Major Surprises in European Bank Stress Tests. Early Monday Sees German IFO Survey|
October 27 2014 00:00 GMT
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
17:30 GMT- Current Market Conditions:
European markets closed in a RISK-Off posture ahead of the ECB bank stress tests on Sunday. As expected some of the results have already been leaked. In Far East trade, equities ended mixed. European bourses closed broadly weaker. U.S. shares are trading higher.
U.S. 10-yr yields are lower. 10-yr yields in bunds close down, while gilts ended steady. Peripheral bond yields closed mostly higher.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields.
HIGH IMPACT NEWS: DE- IFO Survey, US- flash Service PMI, Pending Homes Sales
- The new week starts off with a bang with the closely-followed German IFO Survey due early on Monday. Later, the U.S. flash Markit Services PMI and Pending Homes Sales data are released
- The closely awaited European Asset Quality Review (AQR) bank stress tests were released early Sunday and were in line with the data leaked on Friday The data should be of no surprise to traders. .
- Tuesday sees a slew of U.S. data including Durable Goods Orders and Consumer Confidence data.
- On Wednesday, the focus will be the latest FOMC decision. Markets have been setting up for the Fed meeting decision on Wednesday. Market stability should be important for the FOMC. Late in the U.S. day a RBNZ policy announcement.
- Key items Thursday include German unemployment data and U.S. GDP.
- Friday sees Japanese CPI, a BOJ policy decision, Eurozone flash HICP, U.S. Personal Income data and the final October University of Michigan Survey, Over the weekend, North American clocks are turned back one
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar and the Forex Forum for the complete list of key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
Weekly Trading Planner Top Items (GMT):MONDAY
09:00 DE IFO Climate top German Sentiment Survey
13:45 US Markit SVC PMI flash New PMI indicator
14:00 US Pending Homes Predictor of Existing Homes Sales
00:50 JP Retail Sales Retail demand
12:30 US Dur Goods Mfg demand
14:00 US CB Consumer Conf Key Sentiment Survey
18:00 FRB Fed Rates No Rate Change
21:00 NZ RBNZ Cash Rates
23:50 JP Ind Out Production
08:55 DE unemployment
12:30 US Initial Claims
12:30 US GDP broadest growth measure
00:30 JP Core CPI BOJ target
04:30 JP Bank of Japan No Rate change seen
07:00 DE Ret Sales Consumer demand
10:00 EZ FL HICP ECB target
12:30 US PCE deflator Fed Target
13:55 US U Mich final Key Sentiment Survey
||CBI Dist Trades
||Markit SVC PMI flash
||Retail Sales yy
||Case-Shil 20 yy
||CB Consumer Conf
||WK Mortgage Stats
||EIA Distillate mn
||EIA Crude mn
||EIA Gasoline mn
||EIA Cap Util
||RBNZ Cash Rate
||Ind Out p yy
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland is a founding partner of Global-View.com. He was a FX consultant to major corporations. He has also been a institutional forex trader, FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service and an author. John has an MBA in Finance and a BA in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 20 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 20 Nov
14:00 EZ- Draghi Speech
15:00 US- Leading Indicators
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..