Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Sunday November 16, 2014 - 15:28:36 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Active Data Week in Store. Flash PMI's Start on Thursday
|Active Data Week in Store. Flash PMI's Start on Thursday|
November 17, 2014 00:00 GMT
Daily Risk On/Off Heat Map
14 November-- 17:30 GMT- Current Market Conditions:
European markets are ending the week in MIXED RISK posture .Friday saw early better than expected European GDP data. Final HICP data for October were barely changed from the flash estimates. Dealers continued to unwind GBP positions.
In the Far East, equities ended higher. European bourses ended mostly higher. U.S. shares are mixed. U.S 10-yr note yield is down. 10-yr bund yields are lower Gilt yields are down. European peripheral bond yields are mixed to lower.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields.
HIGH IMPACT NEWS: JP- GDP, EZ- ECB's Draghi, US- Industrial Production
- Highlights Monday include: Japanese GDP testimony by ECB President Draghi and U.S. Industrial Production.
- Tuesday features U.K. and U.S. inflation data, plus several second-tier U.S. items.
- Wednesday sees BOE and Fed policy minutes and U.S. Housing Starts data.
- Key items Thursday are global flash PMI estimates, U.K. Retail Sales, U.S. CPI, Consumer Confidence and Existing Homes Sales.
- Friday highlights are a speech by ECB President Draghi and Canadian CPI figures.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar and the Forex Forum for the complete list of key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
Weekly Trading Planner Top Items (GMT):00:50 JP GDP qq 3Q14 0.50% -1.80%
08:00 EZ Draghi Testimony in Brussels
14:15 US Ind Production manufacturing Output
09:30 GB CPI BOE targets inflation
13:30 US PPI inflation measure
21:00 US TIC Net Flows capital flows
04:30 JP Bank of Japan policy
09:30 GB BOE Minutes
13:30 US House Starts/Permits Housing data
18:00 FRB Fed Minutes
01:45 CN HSBC flash PMI key sentiment measure
08:00 FR MFG PMI flash key sentiment measure
08:00 FR SVC PMI flash key sentiment measure
08:28 DE MFG PMI flash key sentiment measure
08:28 DE SVC PMI flash key sentiment measure
08:58 EZ flash MFG PMI key sentiment measure
08:58 EZ flash SVC PMI key sentiment measure
09:30 GB Ret Sls consumer demand
13:30 US CPI Fed targets inflation
13:30 US Initial Claims weekly jobless
14:45 US Mfg MKt PMI flash key sentiment measure
15:00 US Existing Homes Top Housing Statistics
15:30 US EIA Crude impacts crude prices
13:30 CA CPI BOC targets CPI
14:00 EZ Draghi
||GDP qq 3Q14
||C-Out PPI y
||TIC Net Flows $b
||TIC L-T Flows
||Bank of Japan
||WK Mortgage Stats
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland is a founding partner of Global-View.com. He was a FX consultant to major corporations. He has also been a institutional forex trader, FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service and an author. John has an MBA in Finance and a BA in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 21 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..