Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday December 11, 2014 - 18:48:44 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
RISK ON. Stronger Retail Sales Give U.S. Shares & USD Boost. SNB Unchanged. Aussie Job Beat
|RISK ON. Stronger Retail Sales Give U.S. Shares & USD Boost. SNB Unchanged. Aussie Job Beat|
December 12, 2014 .00:00:GMT
TOP NEWS ITEMS: JP- Industrial Output, EZ- Industrial Output, US- PPI, University of Michigan, COT Report
Global-View Economic Chart Directory
11 December-- 17:40 GMT- Current Market Conditions
Markets have moved back to a RISK ON posture with equities rising following the better than expected U.S. Retail Sales data on the U.S. open. Some said the data suggest that pre-holiday sales have been better than reported, while others are still skeptical. Data released today saw better than expected Australian employment data, no changes to German flash CPI data for November and a steady policy decision from the SNB at its quarterly central Bank meeting.
Looking forward, this weekend sees Lower House elections in Japan, PM Abe's coalition is expected to strengthen is political power We expect the Fed will set the stage for 2015 rate hikes.on Wednesday.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields.
- In forex, the USD is up on the risk on trade . The EUR is mixed to lower on its key crosses
- The Commodity Currencies (AUD, CAD and NZD) are weaker vs. the USD. Gold is down and oil prices are mixed.
- In the Far East, equities closed higher. The Japanese 10-yr JGB yield is 0.41%. 0bp.
- Key European bourses ended mixed. The 10-yr bund yield is 0.678%, -5.1bp. The U.K. yield is 1.905%, -0.9bp. European peripheral bond yields are higher. Greek yields continue to press higher.
- The U.S 10-yr note yield is 2.209%, +4.2bp Equities are up.
Weekly Trading Planner Top Items (GMT):
5:30 JP Ind Output output measures
13:30 US PPI inflation
14:55 US U Mich prelim early consumer Sentiment
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
||Ind Out yy
||Ind Prod mm
||Ind Prod yy
||U Mich prelim
||Lower House Vote
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland is a founding partner of Global-View.com. He was a FX consultant to major corporations. He has also been a institutional forex trader, FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service and an author. John has an MBA in Finance and a BA in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 20 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 20 Nov
14:00 EZ- Draghi Speech
15:00 US- Leading Indicators
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..